Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3 Zuikos.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: 3 Zuikos. Reply with quote

So, somebody tell me; was this the deal of the decade?

21/2, 50/1.2, and 85/2. Optically & mechanically perfect, cosmetically (after some careful cleaning) excellente.

$60US each. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. I thought it was a good deal Smile

He also had an 85-250 f5 for $60. Also a Leitz Focomat V-35 Autofocus Enlarger for $375, which I really wanted, but, man, I think the wife would totally kill me if I brough home something that large....

As is often (always?) the case, I find a great deal like this, and I go pick it up thinking "I'll resell it on Ebay and make a killing!!" except, by the time I'm back home I'm thinking "Damn, shouldn't I just keep these? When's the next time I can get a deal this great?" :-DDDD

In any case, I'd have to evaluate my options, so I just ordered an Olympus-EF mount adapter Smile

Last edited by rawhead on Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell the wife you just brought home $1500 worth of lenses for $180.
I doubt she will mind you bring home an enlarger that once cost that much for $375.

Congrats Mate.
You will love those.
That 2/21 in particular is at the top of it's class for 21mm lenses Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

argh! it is not a deal, it's racket!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You found a stupid seller really ! Congrats! Yes, I never seen better deal!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:

Yeah, kinda thought so myself Laughing

Attila wrote:

Well, he was a real nice guy so I wouldn't call him stupid. He just didn't want any of his manual/film stuff anymore. He'd recently got a 40D and is happy with it.

I was honest enough to tell him if he really wanted to sell these for that price, and that they'd go for much more on Ebay (didn't say exactly how much more, but hey). He was OK. So, I took them with a fairly clear conscience Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm that 50mm f1.2 is pretty much my favourite lens of all time Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.... unbelievable. That must be one of the best bargain story I have read here so far.

Yeah, I will echo what Andy said about the 2/21.

Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintoid wrote:

Great to hear Smile This will also be my first f1.2 lens, so I am psyched Smile

Andy & Bawang

Really looking forward to the 2/21 as well.

OK, all three of them, darnit.

Now I'm thinking "This HAS to be the excuse I was waiting for to get a full frame Canon" Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep....the 2/21 is one of the motivation for me to seriously think of FF body.

Rawhead, just be forewarned of the Zuiko addiction. Come to think of it, ask the seller to re-check his closet again and again and again and .... You never know, he may have others that known to be part of the addiction - 2/90 (Attila has one), or if you are REALLY striking gold - the 2/100.

The Zuikos have become some of my favorites, other sweet ones that I have been using are 2/28 and the tiny 2.8/24 if you are planning to take the Zuiko road.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
poilu wrote:

Yeah, kinda thought so myself Laughing

Attila wrote:

Well, he was a real nice guy so I wouldn't call him stupid. He just didn't want any of his manual/film stuff anymore. He'd recently got a 40D and is happy with it.

I was honest enough to tell him if he really wanted to sell these for that price, and that they'd go for much more on Ebay (didn't say exactly how much more, but hey). He was OK. So, I took them with a fairly clear conscience Very Happy

I think if somebody sell an 500 USD or more value lens for 20 USD and this lens one of the best or best in it's category this guy is ... and happy with Canon even worst LOL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Attila on this one.
Selling for an ignorantly low price is one thing (Congrats again you earned them Laughing ).
To be content with selling beauties for a POS AF kit lens or even a Canon L.
That's absurd.

You realize that with one adapter left in the camera. You could shoot these three lenses as if they are native and never need another lens?
Maybe you would want a longer tele but, you see my point.

I guess the seller did not do his homework there.

Rawhead
I advise Happypage HK for your adapter. They are a little more expensive but worth it Wink

If you get the chance add the 2/28 it is fantastic. As for the longer focals. I have compared the 2.8/180 versions of the Zuiko and Zeiss Contax.
The Zuiko sits flat and costs more. Stay with the Zeiss Sonnars Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank guys.

For his honor's sake, it wasn't $60 for the lot, but $60 each, so I paid $180 for the 3. Still a steal if I've ever seen one Laughing

Yes, I did keep my eyes open for the 90 or the 100, but no luck there.

Here was his list:

Quote:

6.OLYMPUS CAMERAS AND ZUIKO LENSES-Two Cameras Olympus OM-3 and Olympus OM-4 Good Condition $225.00 Each
Lenses -Zuiko (Olympus) Only!! Fast!!-85mm(2.0),21mm(2.0),135mm(2.8 ),50mm(1.2)
50mm Macro(3.5),35 to 105mm(3.5-4.5)
85 to 250mm(5.0),50mm(1.8 )..Lenses $60.00 each

So, you see, when I saw this I was a bit confused and called him and asked "Uh, so, uh, how much is the 21/2 and the 50/1.2?? It's not quite clear..." And when he said "Like I said, 60 each across the board" I almost wet my pants Laughing

My wife looked at me really suspiciously when I bolted up, put on my jacket, and almost literally flew out the door before someone could contact the guy and start serious negging :-DDD

Fortunately, I think for me, not many people are clued into the Zuikos around here... at least not as much as with, say, Pentaxes. If a A/FA 85mm F1.4 went up for 1/10 the market price on Craig's List, you can bet your money that it's be taken within the hour. hehehe.

Anyway, I'm going to start a serious search for a good used 5D. I'll probably have to sell off a part of my collection, and I can certainly part with my Kiss-F (Rebel XS) now that I'm going Canon FF.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.. this is ridiculous...

Click here to see on Ebay

Just the case, for $100?????

Kind of like this that I got today?:

OK, admittedly, not in perfect condition, but still!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that seller a lot when searching for Zuikos on fleaBay. They've always got absurdly-priced accessories listed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAAaaaaHHHHhhhh Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
wintoid wrote:

Great to hear Smile This will also be my first f1.2 lens, so I am psyched Smile

I don't really use it at f1.2, but live at f2 with that lens. The bokeh is glorious. If only I was happier with Olympus bodies (the grip in particular).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic deal!
I had some great deals myself some now and then. Like a Hollywood Distagon for around 200 Euros (190 if I remember correctly) or a 2.8/20 Flektogon for around 90 Euros.
It feels great when you make these deals doesn't it? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One example with the 50mm f1.2. This is on TMax 400 mk 2 in D76 1:1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! What a bargain! Congratulations!
Tell you what: I would buy these lenses from you and I would even give you $100 for each one! Wink
Do we have a deal? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Fantastic deal!
I had some great deals myself some now and then. Like a Hollywood Distagon for around 200 Euros (190 if I remember correctly) or a 2.8/20 Flektogon for around 90 Euros.
It feels great when you make these deals doesn't it? Very Happy

It feels awesome! And I feel vindicated for all the time I spend checking my local Craig's List RSS feed every 30 minutes looking for that sweet deal Smile

wintoid wrote:
One example with the 50mm f1.2. This is on TMax 400 mk 2 in D76 1:1

Ooooooh, NWICE! That is lovely bokeh quality.... and the subject just... POPs.

I want to go out now and start shooting... unfortunately, the OM-EF adapter won't arrive for a couple of weeks Sad

In the mean time, I'm going to shop around for a 5D Smile

LucisPictor wrote:
Tell you what: I would buy these lenses from you and I would even give you $100 for each one

Oh, nice, I can profit $40 for each lens!!!!!!!!!111!!1 WE HAVE A DEAL!!!

NOT!!!

Very Happy