Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

24mm lenses on NEX-7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruzzo wrote:
I am also struggling on whether I need a 24mm and if so which one to get.

Cause 24mm (36mm equivalent) is covered by the SEL1855 kit lens in terms of focal length. And is it worthwhile to spend the money on a focal length that I potentially will not use a lot? Any experience on whether the 24mm (36mm) is a nice focal length to work with on the Nexs? Given that you have a 16mm (24mm) and a 18-55 already?

Also, not MF, but what about Nikon 24mm 1.4, Canon 24mm 1.4, Sigma 24mm 1.4? They are bigger and heavier but they are also faster to work with and I think the Sigma has an aperture ring right?

don't know about these f1.4 lenses.

your statement that you may not "need" a 24mm because you have your kit lens is made in the wrong forum. We are manual lens nerds here and like the difference of use and rendering of different lenses. That goes far beyond mere coverage of focal lengths, most members enjoy many more lenses than they..need? need for what? Wink
imo the kit lens is sharp alright, but compared to most old MF lens photos often look rather flat and lifeless.

if 24mm is useful or not cannot be answered generally but will depend on your personal use and preference. Check the EXIF of the photos you have been taking with the kit lens and see which focal lengths you have been using, that will help you to decide which prime you may want to get.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can easily recommend the FD SSC 24/2.8 for the Nex-7.

I've been using the multicoated OM 21/3.5 & 50/1.4 regularly, I would use my 24/2.8 & 35/2.8 more if they were MC.

I was looking for an MD 24, but ended up with the 28/2, and also the earlier MC SI 28/2.5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: 24mm lenses on NEX-7 Reply with quote

glassbuster wrote:

Any experiences with 24mm legacy glass on a NEX-7! anybody ? Thanks a lot in advance.

I recommend Canon FD 24/2.8 SSC (chrome mount)