Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2012-06-10 Efke 25 film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: 2012-06-10 Efke 25 film Reply with quote

"one day one roll" contest of 2012 June 06
Efke 25 film, Gradual ST 20 developer, ProScan 7200 scanner
Contax G2 camera with various lenses.

Day: June 10, 2012
Time: afternoon (from 15:00 to 17:00)

#16 (if you click on this one you get a big enlargement of it)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it's a good thing I have no illusions/delusions about my photography (or if I did, I surely do not, now! Laughing ) What people like
of course is purely subjective, but by my eyes, I see many diamonds here: 3,4,5,6, 10, 11, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25! I'm thinking
you got 25 frames from the roll, didn't hold out some from a 36exp roll, even though I would love to hear that's the case. Laughing

Bravura performance, Orio, thanks for sharing!

And the winner is... Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much Bill!
Actually, I did not complete the roll, because it was getting late for Italy's football match on tv and I had to drive back home.
So 25 was all that I got, plus a first one that turned out unexposed because I did not remove the lens cap, Victoria Beckham's way Embarassed .
I should have maybe completed the roll on another day, but the photos would have not been valid for the contest, and I
was too eager to develop and see what I got. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still makes me sick, Orio. Do you know how many keepers I get from a 24 roll? About the same as from 36 roll. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a very nice film, i like it very much. and such an interesting place, so much history oozes through the frames.
tony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are beautiful Orio,I love how you capture the brickwork and the lines of the road.#16 is special

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great!
This combination, (efke 25 + developer + camera + photographer ) is the best B&W combo I've seen recently Wink
Whites are clean, sharpness super, tonal range well distributed... What else can be asked for?.

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's purely a taste thing and as so many say here how nice this film looks, I think I must have bad taste. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all guys for your comments Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very interesting set of results with the film tested in some very difficult conditions. I love the sharpness of detail and the shadow detail. I don't know if it is different light, but sometimes the photos have great contrast and sometimes they are low contrast, like prints you see in old books. Overall I think the film gives a nice vintage feel and your photos have shown all the pluses of the film.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
A very interesting set of results with the film tested in some very difficult conditions. I love the sharpness of detail and the shadow detail. I don't know if it is different light, but sometimes the photos have great contrast and sometimes they are low contrast, like prints you see in old books. Overall I think the film gives a nice vintage feel and your photos have shown all the pluses of the film.

Thanks Skida. It is possible that if you see inconsistencies, they might be due to my handling of the Silverfast software.
I try to make a correct scan for every frame, but of course I may not be able to be succesful in all cases.
The negative, when seen at the light, shows a consistent aspect. But the fact that the film is not perfectly panchromatic in the red spectrum may also influence the result,
particularly in frames where sky (blue) and buildings (red/orange) are strongly contrasting in light amount.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the inconsistencies! It adds to the mystery.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
I like the inconsistencies! It adds to the mystery.

So true and great set Orio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys for your comments Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice roll, and well processed. Somehow, I'm enjoying 10, 11 and 13

(my roll from that day is a tale of woe: first the exhausted fixer... then after re-fixing the strips I dried them in between some art paper, which stuck to the emulsion... Rolling Eyes ... at this rate I'm well on the way to discovering a new 'alternate process' Laughing )

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it too ! But aren't you annoyed by the heavy curling of the film ? I felt it like a really annoying old time telephone wire.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selenium_27 wrote:
I like it too ! But aren't you annoyed by the heavy curling of the film ? I felt it like a really annoying old time telephone wire.

+1 did use same old emulsion fortepan100 very annoying to scan it. Interesting old ORWO NP 15 30+ yrs old wasn't curly at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All new supports that are polyester based (such as new efke/adox) are very curly.
Fomapan still use celluloid support.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should use the same base than for efke 100 (which is way more grainier).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Efke 100 polyester like Efke 50 and Efke 25

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems less curly to me.
I don't understand !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selenium_27 wrote:
It seems less curly to me.
I don't understand !

Maybe you used an old film. Older Efke film was celluloid.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate curly so I am stick with foma Wink