Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1933 Tessar 70/3.5 Zeiss Ikon Ikomat 520
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: 1933 Tessar 70/3.5 Zeiss Ikon Ikomat 520 Reply with quote

1933 Zeiss Tessar 70/3.5 on a Zeiss Ikon Ikomat 520 6x4.5 camera. Shot at around f/11 and slow shutter speed. Ilford HP5 Plus, D-76 1:1, Epson 4490

roots dream by Nesster, on Flickr

I'll have a couple more to post in the next few days

Last edited by Nesster on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems nice overall, but at this small enlargement is difficult to appreciate a photograph that is so full of minute details.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I replaced the pic with a 1024 wide, and there's a 1300pix wide version via flickr.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, Jussi. Beautiful huge tonal range, well captured lighting. I reckon this would make a great print.

Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorgeous !!!

the tonal range is outstanding..

poor digital Smile

tf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I see it larger, the result is really good!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reasonably happy with these, there's a ton of detail that can get busy. But the uncoated Tessar did well. I wasn't sure if I'd be getting a more vintage look or a modern one.

Bridge over Rahway River by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed. The roots in the first one are amazing but I prefer the second scene.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed. The roots in the first one are amazing but I prefer the second scene.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:

+1 Great results!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are excellent shots, but I, too, prefer the second for the tones, lighting,
contrast, and comp. Well done!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, looks like this oldster is capable of decent detail - the time of day and visually very busy location are tough tests, and don't necessarily lend themselves to good photographs...

the Rahway, South Mountain by Nesster, on Flickr

This one's crooked but I can't bear to crop/straighten it Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jussi - I like the results.

I find it hard to believe this is possible with such old, forgotten equipment.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Jussi - I like the results.

I find it hard to believe this is possible with such old, forgotten equipment.

+1 awesome result.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, almost too awesome...I'm waiting for Jussi to come back and say he
shot this with his Pentax DSLR and ran it through a filter plugin in PS. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These scenes are very difficult to shoot, because there is "too much detail" if you know what I mean... there are two ways to approach such a scene in my opinion, one is to use some soft focus device that simplifies the scene... the other is to do it B&W and use high contrast to maximize the values (which also means to get rid of some detail at both ends).
Otherwise, unless someone prints the scene really large, the vision becomes confused at a small scale.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, I agree!

In fact, based on the previous hand held shots with the 520, I hoped for an antique look (suppression of detail) but didn't quite get it.

This sort of shooting I believe benefits from a greater selectivity and a larger negative.

The shots with the Konica Auto S2 from the same walk by and large are unusable, it was with Ferrania 400 film, and the whole combo had too much contrast and suffer from 135 size and scanning.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results indeed! Tonal range + detail is wonderful.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Excellent results indeed! Tonal range + detail is wonderful.

Klaus, we're just feeding his ego, Jussi got lucky this time, that is all.... Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thanks for taking care of me, Bill, I was thinking my cap shrank in the wash, but now I'm thinking my head swelled up instead Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the second shot very much. The people at APUG would like to the results of this kit ...