Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

135mm temporary replacement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@estudleon,

i am such a fan of the tair's bokeh (from the gallery here). i really want to get one but i have so many 135mm already... (i just got a jupiter-37AM today as part of a pack with a helios-44-2 all for $10!) that's in addition to a tak, SMC-M, Kiron, tak-A (the f/2.5), schneider f/4.5... Confused

and i'm also thinking about the leica elmarit-R 90/2.8 or the 180/2.8... (that, or get a 50-135/2.8 SDM because manual focus is not always the most convenient...)

i have the CZJ and the tak because.. well i didn't know about the tair till very recently. and i got the CZJ about 6 or 7 years ago..

it is possible to simulate the "preset" of the tair / zebra CZJ on the MC CZJ or on Super-Takumars like so: set the aperture to what you want, then you can toggle the A/M switch to stop down.

on the Super-Takumar 50/1.4 the A/M switch is right next to your left thumb, so it's pretty convenient.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the preset Takumar? I like it. Usually go for 5-10$

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheneider 4,5?

It's seem to me to be sharp plus!!

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Scheneider 4,5?

It's seem to me to be sharp plus!!

Rino.

So is the 3.5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i screwed up my schneider 4.5 (dropped the front element and now it has an edge chip) Shocked

that's what i get for disassembling stuff... i blackened the chip so it should have no effect on performance...

but this is a 1951 uncoated lens... pretty low contrast. haven't used it much because it's exakta mount and i don't have the right adapter.

question: are the retina-schneider lenses "just as good" as the other schneiders? i see retina-schneider's going for low prices... of course the registration distance is short as well.. need to grind it down or something.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got another offer for a lens that I have never heard of and can't find any information on:

pancolar 135/2,8

I can't find it anywhere, to even confirm that it exists. Price is about $40, anybody have any idea what this is?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is not available, you have same false information.Perhaps Prakticar or Pentacon 135mm f2.8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably pentacon... not a bad lens as far as i know.. made by Meyer instead of CZ Jena. so "lower class" but optically i think it's just as good. Better bokeh so they say...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="orly_andico"]i screwed up my schneider 4.5 (dropped the front element and now it has an edge chip) Shocked

that's what i get for disassembling stuff... i blackened the chip so it should have no effect on performance...

but this is a 1951 uncoated lens... pretty low contrast. haven't used it much because it's exakta mount and i don't have the right adapter.

question: are the retina-schneider lenses "just as good" as the other schneiders? i see retina-schneider's going for low prices... of course the registration distance is short as well.. need to grind it down or something.[/quote]

I had schenider lens m42 and retina schneider in voigtlander body. They seemed to be similar in quality. Not all the retina's had the same shame of the m42 (for example in m42 the 135 had two rear elements and in retina's only one).
Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="orly_andico"]i screwed up my schneider 4.5 (dropped the front element and now it has an edge chip) Shocked

question: are the retina-schneider lenses "just as good" as the other schneiders? i see retina-schneider's going for low prices... of course the registration distance is short as well.. need to grind it down or something.[/quote]

I had schenider lens m42 and retina schneider in voigtlander body. They seemed to be similar in quality. Not all the retina's had the same shame of the m42 (for example in m42 the 135 had two rear elements and in retina's only one).
Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Pentacon 2.8/135 or a Jupiter-37 3.5/135 will be the cheap ones of the goos alternatives.

I like the Tair-11 2.8/133(135) better, but it's more expensive, as is the Takumar.

Also a great lens is the CZJ Sonnar 4/135.

My favs are the Nikkor 3.5/135, the Oly Zuiko 3.5/135 and the Tamron 2.5/135, but those are not M42 lenses.

And I just have received a Schneider-Kreuznach Rollei Tele-Xenar 3.5/135 which seems to veeeeery pleasant! (But also not M42.)