Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenitar Weekend (large images)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Zenitar Weekend (large images) Reply with quote

Well I finally got myself a brand new zenitar for my Pentax Smile

And here are some shots that I made testing it. I am pretty pleased with the lens and the results its giving.

Some shots are made using AE bracketing and then to HDR touch ups.
The last panorama is made stitching two images shot with same settings and again with AE braceting and HDR.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you telling me that you have taken #3 with out a polarizer?
Of course you didn't... you can't mount polarizers on a fisheye.
Gosh... that is some impressive clouding. The coating on the Zenitar must work wonders.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At well at F/22 there was near non CA from zenitar. At more open apertures there was a considerate amount of it. But nothing too harsh that cannot be fixed in Lightroom.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't referring to CA but to great contrast, which means that the coating works great in fighting flare.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yes I think its working well. For the fish eye its crucial to work because its hard to shoot in contra jour without the sun to get in the frame Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive series! The clouds are superb, and I always like a cat or
kitty pic! Wink

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting how the cat pic doesnt appear to be distorted in the same way as the others, when I saw the clods I also thought polariser, maybe you Photoshoped the blues a little?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tune my pictures in lightroom but I mentioned that this are AE bracketing shots that are combined in HDR image and lately exported with Tonal Compositor. For removing distortion I used the recommended soft from Proxel it has an Zenitar profile Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Excellent shots! 3, 4 and 5 are kind a magical, 2 is cute and 1 shows a good composition.

I knew that the Zenitar is a great lens (I like mine, too) and you give proof for that again!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Are you telling me that you have taken #3 with out a polarizer?
Of course you didn't... you can't mount polarizers on a fisheye.
Gosh... that is some impressive clouding. The coating on the Zenitar must work wonders.

I must admit I have never tried a polarizers on my Zenitar but you can fit one with no problem. I have used Special effect Cokin filters fitted into the standard Cokin filter holder and also 62mm ND filter. The secret is the Zenitar will take a 60mm adaptor ring. I have a 60-62mm ring and then anything you like fits.
Nice pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love them all but number three is incredible.
This is a fisheye, no, so did you "de-fish" it?

I love wide angle, you make a convincing case for purchasing this lens!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sqwall

Gorgeous pictures. I still did not grasp how you did it but I like them very much ,especially 3 and 5. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes all are sqall quality, i am jealous Laughing Congratulation! Good to see a professional in action.