Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenitar - Panoramic shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Zenitar - Panoramic shots Reply with quote

Easter Sunday, time for a trip. We were in need of a few herb plants. A few kilometres away is a former Cistercian Abbey - "Kloster Kamp". They sell some nice plants in their garden - and I had the chance to try the zenitar in the "sanssouci"-lookalike garden.

Zenitar "fisheye" 16mm, both f8 and distortion corrected.

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Pretty impressive!

You have a nunnery herb garden close by? How nice is that? Great!

Carsten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful place like all over Germany! I visited many countries Usa,Swiss, Italy, India, Spain, Austria etc, but I found the nicest is Germany. I never seen same beauty well maintained country like yours.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"wow" and "impressive" are the same words that first came to me, too!
I love both shots, but the second one is really astounding.
It has an abstract beauty fashion to it and that tiny man in dark suit, is what Roland Barthes calls the "punctum" of the image. In this case, a really magnetic attraction point - all the possible looks both inside and outside the image gravitate around him - and his slightly slanted position, not perfectly horizontal, makes of it an element that is not neutral: compared to all the straight vegetation cones, it has a position in space and a potentially active presence, echoed by the other tiny men that you find around in the distance more and more. It is also the mystery, a presence that we feel may give the whole image a meaning, although this escapes us.

Really one of those masterpiece shots that makes the photographing totally worth the while.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Michael, if I may dare, this is your most "Borges" picture that I have seen so far. Borges is often described as writing in a "magical realism" style - that is, placing magical elements in a realistic context. I can not find any other photography right now that would fit better in the concept of "magical realism", than yours.

Borges, the real one, would love this photograph.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautifull pics Michael. I like mostly the second one.

Orio wrote:

He was blind. The rest is silence.

Sorin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Beautifull pics Michael. I like mostly the second one.
Orio wrote:

He was blind. The rest is silence.
Sorin

Yes, you are right, I forgot that he was blind.

But why "the rest is silence"?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And anyway I can rephrase and say that "if Borges could see, and was alive, he would love this photograph".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamlet?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Hamlet?

Yes

Orio@ But why "the rest is silence"?

I just wanted to emphasize his inner world.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A protagonist of the world of borges? Or perhaps more trivial - Pan Tau? However, I swear he wasn't there in the moment of photographing the scenery... Very Happy

Just kidding: I didn't saw him. Not in the moment I've taken the picture, nor during exposing from raw. I can't believe that I overlooked something, that lies so much in the center. After Orio mentioned it, I have to look there again and again - I must be blind, like Borges.

Thanks for your comments, boys!

Michael