Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Super Ikonta B with Ektachrome 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Zeiss Super Ikonta B with Ektachrome 100 Reply with quote

These photos were taken in about 1990 with a late model Zeiss 532/16 Super Ikonta B with the coated lens (Optar or Tessar -- don't remember now) in a Synchro Compur shutter. One of the best "pocket" cameras ever invented. Folded, it fit easily into a jacket pocket.

The pics were taken at a ranch my parents used to own in Caldwell, Texas. The images were scanned on an Epson 4990 flatbed scanner at 2400 ppi. Some PP was done to all images. I took all the photos during the late afternoon, and it seemed like, wherever there was a good shot to be had, the lighting was rather harsh. I was taking ambient readings using a Gossen Luna Pro meter, so the shadows blocked up, which is typical with slides. Still, I like the textures and the colors this camera captured and I'm willing to put up with the exposure latitude shortcomings.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely stunning!!! Thanks for sharing them!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very lifelike, especially the last one!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT is a pocket camera that's worth having a pocket for Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning set and the first is my fave! Gorgeous colors.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Micheal, great shots. #1 is my fave too !
Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a few more for you. This series was taken during a harbor cruise at San Pedro/Los Angeles Harbor back in 1990 or 1991. I don't recall if I was shooting with Ektachrome or Fujichrome -- I'll have to dig out the slides to see.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Zeiss Super Ikonta B with Ektachrome 100 Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Absolutely stunning. *rubbing eyes*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colour-shades and detail in #3 is astonishing.

Thomas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon, it is not my intention to highjack the thread. I thought it would be appropriate to post more samples into same topic, as this photo is taken with identical camera and film:

Zeiss Ikonta 532/16 and Tessar 80/2.8 on Ektrachrome 100 @ f/8 1/100s

Quite low-q scan from photostore, but the dimension is almost hand-felt I think.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/mfl_club_members/esoxlucius/zeissikon/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last photo is quite nice too! Excellent detail Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Pardon, it is not my intention to highjack the thread. I thought it would be appropriate to post more samples into same topic, as this photo is taken with identical camera and film

Not a problem, Vilhelm, especially since you had the same outfit. Very nice photo.

*sigh* Wish I still had mine. But at least I now have a couple of decent mf cameras nowadays, so my longing is not so severe anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the lumber texture ...