Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss planar 50mm f/1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Zeiss planar 50mm f/1.7 Reply with quote

I just received this lens today, quite cheap (55€ incl. shipping on eBay), and it's really in mint/near mint condition! I really like the sharpness (it's sharp even at f/1.7!) and the bokeh. Hopefully i'll make some photos outside tomorrow and I'll post them Very Happy I want to see the colours too

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will not be disappointed. It's an excellent lens, that goes often strangely ignored.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! It is always such a nice thing to wait for a "new" lens, isn't it?
And when you finally hold it in your hands... great!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, congratulation!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made some photos:

Nice colours, contrast, sharpness

B&W(red filter) +sepia tone
Good contrast, no distortions

Faithful colours (canon lenses are slightly warm, on the other hand)

Excellent resolution, no CA:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile From my copy.

Orig. size
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1350/638438346_cf877dd6b3_o.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, beautiful. Smile

The shot I like more is the colour one of the building seen through the fence.
The building is so "airy" it's unbelievable.
That's what I love with the Contax lenses, they surprise you even from the most boring shot. also sometimes they don't. They're sort of unpredictable, UNTIL, you REALLY start to know them... and then, you master them.

Each contax lens has it's own personality at every stop... I'm not kidding. I know precisely now which aperture I have to use on my Distagon 28 to get the most 3D effect... and I know, that half stop more or less, it will be different.
You really have to get to know your Contax lens inside out, and learn what each stop can give you in terms of performance.
That's what makes them unique - they have a temper.

Careful! You'll get addicted. It happened to me. I started with the Planar 1.4/50 and I could never stop. Watch your wallet very well.

_

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Careful! You'll get addicted. It happened to me. I started with the Planar 1.4/50 and I could never stop. Watch your wallet very well.

_

I know this "addicted" feeling when I am looking for the best lens of M42 Smile Now I prefer to shot and go around. But you think I can really stop shopping after buying one of Planar 85/1.4? Smile