Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica ml55 1.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Yashica ml55 1.2 Reply with quote

I found a copy of this somewhat rare lens. It is optically perfect and shows average cosmetic wear. I have the ml50 1.4 and contax planar 50 1.4 also. The build quality of this lens is somewhere in the middle of the other 2. very solid and heavy but, the focus damping is more yashica like (not as smooth). Here is a quick photo with my favorite model. The light was very flat and dim when I took this shot. Also this is with the 40D which I am not used to using yet. Hopefully over the holiday weekend I can test it a bit better with more colorfull subjects. Andy

[URL=http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img2101ey8.jpg

Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice picture but you need to add ]Click to view image[/URL] at the end of your link to make it work.

This lens was built by Tomioka in Japan for Yashica. Optically, it is the same as the Revuenon 55/1.2 or the Porst 55/1.2. You might search for "Porst" or "Revuenon" on this forum to find some threads about this lens.

Cheers,

Abbazz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img2101ey8.jpg

(corrected)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward more pics, DOF seems more narrow than Nikkor 1.2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I look forward more pics, DOF seems more narrow than Nikkor 1.2

I think it's impossible that it's different if the focal lenght is the same, if you perceive a different DOF it's probably because this picture was focused closer than the pictures of Nikkor that you have in mind.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, probably.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Yashica ml55 1.2 Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
I found a copy of this somewhat rare lens. It is optically perfect and shows average cosmetic wear...Very Happy

Congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice nose Smile Smile

patrickh