Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica Macro ML 100 3.5/100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Yashica Macro ML 100 3.5/100 Reply with quote

Some shots from today.
JPG out of cam, no PP, handheld.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love those ml's!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you! The MLs are superb from what I've seen from them. EXPENSIVE though, but I
guess that attests to the quality inherent in the ML line.

Very good shots!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captures are excellent, IQ is not , looks dead and unsharp for a macro lens. Surely require pp all time or better light at least. Last one especially worth for proper PP , it will be stunning.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Captures are excellent, IQ is not , looks dead and unsharp for a macro lens. Surely require pp all time or better light at least. Last one especially worth for proper PP , it will be stunning.

+1

I had a quick go at PPing the last one as I really liked it:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, the shots are nicely posed but a little front focused I think Smile For example, the sausage at the front of the first photo is most in focus and the rear of the shuttlecock is most in focus. I'd be keen to see a few more samples if possible.

BTW, sorry Ian, I don't like your over sharpened version of the fire shot, looks like a point and shoot image Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Those samples are definetly not worth the "macro lens sharpness" title. They are way too soft for such lens, ML or not I would say.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the sharpest results that could be obtained with this lens then something is definitely wrong. I had a Zuiko 90/2 Macro with a reversed element which resulted in very soft pictures, it reminded me of a soft focus lens.

But somehow I have a feeling that something went wrong post processing. Even the text below the pictures seem to lack pop.

I have a 100/3.5 ML but unfortunately no adapter yet, so I can't check out my sample right now. But I remember other sample pictures being VERY sharp and contrasty.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hope that the lens is okay and that maybe things are just blurred because of hand-holding
and other non-lens related factors.

I've heard (but only from one guy) that this is a SUPERBLY sharp lens with top-notch IQ. Shocked

Hope to see more pix if possible!