Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

X Fujinon 50mm 1.6 (Fujica X to EOS)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: X Fujinon 50mm 1.6 (Fujica X to EOS) Reply with quote

Hi.
I just wanted to share my thoughts.
I managed to adapt my X fujinon to my 5D with infinity, without mirror shaving.

Samples will come later with sun would like to show...

What you need :

- An QBM-EOS adapter (shorter flange distance I had for adapter)
- A small piece of rubber to hold down the aperture lever
- Dremel and bits...

First you take the original mount out.
Then file down the aperture ring.
Drill the rollei adapter, and re-use original fuji screw in original threads.
Place the piece of rubber to get stop down aperture.
Cut the aperture lever protuding from the lens.

That's it !

That's a try before adapting my EBC X Fujinon 55 1.6...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Super ! Le registre Fujica est de 43.5mm, donc j'y pensais avec du MD, mais si la QBM te donne l'infini, c'est une excellente nouvelle. Je garde ton post précieusement.
Nice ; I was thinking to minolta MD, good to know that QBM works !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'ailleurs j'ai quelques MD comme le 24 2.8 et le 35 1.8, ils tiennent dans l'adaptateur rollei (la monture est très proche).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Very Happy

No infinity with this set-up?

Please post some samples ASAP!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have infinity with this set up.

Wait for pics.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phenix jc wrote:
Very Happy Super ! Le registre Fujica est de 43.5mm, donc j'y pensais avec du MD, mais si la QBM te donne l'infini, c'est une excellente nouvelle. Je garde ton post précieusement.
Nice ; I was thinking to minolta MD, good to know that QBM works !

Es una excelente idea !!!

Rino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathub wrote:
Well, I have infinity with this set up.

Wait for pics.

Excellent! Very Happy

I cant wait to see some sample photos.

Do you have any ideas on how to mount these to a Pentax?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, would be difficult to pentax. But not feasible due to rear element being to large to fit K mount.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally some samples.
LR3 default settings.

Not artistic content, just some test on the way to work.

F1.6

F4

F4

F8-11

F1.6

F11

F4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathub wrote:
Finally some samples.

Nice pictures. Seems to be a keeper.

I like #5

Ingo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cat shot is superb. I love it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathub wrote:
D'ailleurs j'ai quelques MD comme le 24 2.8 et le 35 1.8, ils tiennent dans l'adaptateur rollei (la monture est très proche).

x2 tops ! C'est noté.
Superbe ce 1.6 (comme souvent, les standards)

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! Any success with 1.6/55mm?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Fantastic! Any success with 1.6/55mm?

Yes, I'm curious to know too Smile

I have an X-Fujinon 55mm F2.2 that I want to try this with - if it works fine I will attempt my X-Fujinon EBC 100mm F2.8 Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, today I did this simple operation with a Porst Color Reflex 50mm f/1.2. It worked out fine. Unfortunately I didn't get infinity focus, but the converted lens focuses until about 8 meters @1.2 and to infinity @5.6. That will do just fine. With a lens like this I will either be in low light room or making a portrait. No landscape, or if I would, I would rather shoot at 5.6 anyhow.
This lens performs great. Focussing at 1.2 can best be done with live view and then zooming in 10x. I have a split image focusing screen but this shallow dof can only be well captured with live view.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the original Porst mount Peterrr...?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the 1.6 and 1.2 fujinon are wondenful lens. I have modified mine to a PK mount, focus to infinity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Rvp50 and Welcome to the forum! Please post some samples of both.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics nice color fujinon is always my fav
Could you tell me what's a QBM-EOs adapter
and where can I obtain one
Thanks for your attention

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for pushing this thread up.

But i have to say 'Thank you!' for giving me the conversion information! Smile

May this be useful on eba* auction 251080469230, too?

Have a nice day.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: converting the lens Reply with quote

Hi, I have been reading a lot on this and found the instructions but don't fully understand. Does anyone have better details or pictures/video on doing this? i want to do it to one of these lenses for a canon 7D. Also, any drawback to doing this to the lens? will it then only be able to be used on a canon with the new adapter - will it be useless if i at least want to later use it on a 4/3 camear like the NEX ones? just wondering in case I did want to do that. Or would it be better to wait till i can buy a 4/3 camera to mount to without alterations? thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterrr wrote:
Hi, today I did this simple operation with a Porst Color Reflex 50mm f/1.2. It worked out fine. Unfortunately I didn't get infinity focus, but the converted lens focuses until about 8 meters @1.2

Did you try modifying the focusing range limiter? There should be two small screws on the outside of the lens on the same ring that has the distances written on it, to the left of the "ft" and "m" text. These hold a piece of metal that limits the focusing range when pegs on the inner ring bump against it. If you remove this piece of metal you will probably get infinity focus since the focusing ring can then turn past infinity. The problem is that you can also go past the near focusing distance at the other end, which causes the lens to come apart, but you can then restore the limiter with only one screw attached or improvise other piece of metal to keep the near limit in place.

Last edited by Arkku on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: converting the lens Reply with quote

donamor wrote:
Also, any drawback to doing this to the lens?

The conversion, as shown, is slightly destructive since it requires shortening the aperture ring (originally it has two sets of aperture numbers written on it, but as you can see in the original post's image, the lower set has been cut in half). This is mostly a cosmetic problem, however. Other than that, the modification can be reversed by attaching the original mount.

Anyhow, mirrorless cameras can use these lenses unmodified so that is better unless you have a full frame camera and really want to use the lens on that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: converting the lens Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:

Anyhow, mirrorless cameras can use these lenses unmodified so that is better unless you have a full frame camera and really want to use the lens on that.

+1

All the effort to mount a 50/1.6 on a 7D seems way out of proportion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Thanks Peterrr Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. I wasn't sure i'd get one but that is helpful. I guess i don't care so much about the cosmetics as long as it can always be used later. I only have a 7D now and would like to use this lens. (Arkku, mine is a 1.2, so i'd love to use it) but I do understand that maybe i'd get more out of it from a full frame camera. Unfortunately i don't have one now. I just figure its a good lens to keep into the future, depending on how 4/3 cameras improve - though i guess you are saying a full frame would make best use of it. Cameras do advance fast, just have to decide if i need to do this now to it or have it continue to be locked away. hmmm.