Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

X Fujinon 50mm 1.6 (Fujica X to EOS)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: just checking Reply with quote

I guess I should double check that I do have the same type that can work with this. My lens is : Porst Color Reflex 1:1.2/50mm UCM X-M G

and from what I gather from the pictures I need to remove the back metal adapter and then reduce the aperture ring where it has the small version of the #s, then remove the little black taps that stick out.. drill holes into adapter to match old adapter and screw it in. still can't find actual pictures of the process.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT Embarassed

According to search, this is one of the most viewed topics at MFlenses with 14921 views!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: conversion Reply with quote

hey everyone- i'd like to try the conversion but still unclear and afraid to mess up. How would i shave off or reduce the aperture ring? just nervous working on it because of the glass being so far out.. and i want to make sure i'm doing it right. Anyone have actual pictures of what they did? thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: conversion Reply with quote

donamor wrote:
hey everyone- i'd like to try the conversion but still unclear and afraid to mess up. How would i shave off or reduce the aperture ring? just nervous working on it because of the glass being so far out.. and i want to make sure i'm doing it right. Anyone have actual pictures of what they did? thanks.

Not tried it, but i presume you'd remove the ring and rub it down on a sheet of sandpaper. Keep the sheet flat on a bench and move the ring with even pressure over it to achieve a uniform reduction.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: conversion Reply with quote

sburley wrote:
donamor wrote:

Not tried it, but i presume you'd remove the ring and rub it down on a sheet of sandpaper. Keep the sheet flat on a bench and move the ring with even pressure over it to achieve a uniform reduction.

thanks.. i guess that can work.. glass is basically to the edge there so i'll have ot figure out a way to keep it safe.. if i do it maybe i'll make a video or have pictures for anyone in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: X Fujinon 50mm 1.6 (Fujica X to EOS) Reply with quote

Mathub wrote:
Hi.
I just wanted to share my thoughts.
I managed to adapt my X fujinon to my 5D with infinity, without mirror shaving.

Hi. Since this has been successfully done for Canon, I was wondering if it can be done for Nikon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: X Fujinon 50mm 1.6 (Fujica X to EOS) Reply with quote

dizzymonk wrote:
Mathub wrote:
Hi.

Hi. Since this has been successfully done for Canon, I was wondering if it can be done for Nikon.

Hi. I managed to convert X-FUJINON 135mm 1:3.5 to Nikon. It focusues in whole range.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1514565978592799.1073741880.876004802448923&type=1&l=e340ec2527

Next will be X-FUJINON 50mm 1:1.9

Last edited by timur on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: X Fujinon 50mm 1.6 (Fujica X to EOS) Reply with quote

timur wrote:
dizzymonk wrote:
Mathub wrote:
Hi.

Hi. I managed to convert X-FUJINON 135mm 1:3.5 to Nikon. It focusues in whole range.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1514565978592799.1073741880.876004802448923&type=1&l=e340ec2527

Next will be X-FUJINON 50mm 1:1.9

Welcome timur
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, i am only 10 years+ late for the post: ). i am doing this right now to my Porst 50/1.2 UC and wondered if you can help? What is the best way to contact you?(if you are still active on this forum and in case you see this message).
Thank you