Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which lens is it? And why such a setup?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Which lens is it? And why such a setup? Reply with quote

I ask for your expertise to identify the lens. What kind of set could it be: a trivial zoom with an added external (chinese) aperture put on the front? Or may be something more exotic?

Another question: what for such a set could seve for, macro photography?
Your hints are highly appreciated, as always.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The markings on the focusing scale (1:3 etc.) do suggest the lenses intended use is for close-up/macro work.
The other control seems to already offer aperture control. Could the extra aperture have been added purely due to the original one seizing? This would allow the lens to still be used in much the same way as before.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like half a lens to me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a incomplete 85-210 f3.8 zoom lens which can be found in many brands, for example http://forum.mflenses.com/sun-auto-zoom-85-210-f3-8-macro-t67874.html .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus, Calvin, thank you for your hints! After you pointed that out, the mystery is over.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully you didn't path too much for it 😉

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately I did not pay at all. That was more for curiosity than a plan of purchase. And I first asked for your expertise!

The set was trading for around 30 euros, together with a simple camera. A bit too much for a half-zoom.