Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Where to buy Eclipse and Pec Pad in Europe?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Where to buy Eclipse and Pec Pad in Europe? Reply with quote

The shop I bought them from the first time does not sell them anymore as single items - only in expensive kits that contain also things that are not needed.

I would like the possibility of buying them as separate items. Anyone knows a link?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite Europe....

In the UK:

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/?photo/cleaning/crownb.html#pec

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's perfect Bob, thanks!!
As far as customs taxes are concerned, it's Europe - that's as far as I need it to be Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.micro-tools.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?LTPLanguage=EN&Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=MTE&Category_Code=DCC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I see they sell the eclipse too... will make sense to buy from them then. In any case, there is NEVER too many good links!
Thank you guys!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that Eclipse lens cleaning fluid is no more than isopropyl alcohol mixed with pure water.

What do you think about ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
I've heard that Eclipse lens cleaning fluid is no more than isopropyl alcohol mixed with pure water.

What do you think about ?

I have Isopropyl alcohol and I am sure the two things are different. Why? Because when one works well on a glass, the other one doesn't - and the other way around.
I'm sure that Eclipse is alcohol-based, but I think it's not isopropyl.
In fact, I use the two in synergy often, together with the Zeiss fluid. I have developed a procedure with these three products, that cleans perfectly all kind of glasses (which really means "all kind of coatings").

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eclipse fluid is methanol based and evaporates quicker than IPA. From my own experience as well as that of Orio, good as it is, it's not an all-in-one cleaning fluid as it can leave marks. It can remove marks/substances that IPA won't budge but also thins paint to a degree, especially the infill of any engraved legend on a lens.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my experience, Eclipse is great for sensor cleaning, but can leave marks on glass lenses (strangely enough), but which can be removed by gentle wiping. I like it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
Eclipse fluid is methanol based and evaporates quicker than IPA. From my own experience as well as that of Orio, good as it is, it's not an all-in-one cleaning fluid as it can leave marks. It can remove marks/substances that IPA won't budge but also thins paint to a degree, especially the infill of any engraved legend on a lens.

I second Bob.
Eclipse works well on some glass (many glass, to tell the truth). Isopropyl on other glass. But there is some glass (Leica glass, to name one) where both still leave some residual. For that kind of glass, I have found a solution that works perfectly. I first clean using Zeiss fluid, which is thick and creamy (yes). I clean following Zeiss instructions. The Zeiss fluid is the best to actually clean, it really removes grease and dirt, but it leaves a film of cream on the lens. So I use the isopropyl alcohol to remove the Zeiss cream. Which it does, but it leaves in turn some residual traces. So I finally take the Eclipse and use it to remove the Isopropyl traces.
And this procedure works perfect, every time. I use it for "difficult" glass, like Leica's, and also for non difficult glass when it's particularly greasy (like, heavy fingerprint for instance).

I would also like to add that there is something else that is able to perfectly clean Leica glass: it's some little wiping cloth for eyeglasses that Attila gave to me when he was here. They work great and evaporate completely. I have tried to find a similar one but in my small town no one has it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that valuables advices.

What about the Pec pad ?
Which kind of wipe do you use ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
Thanks for that valuables advices.

What about the Pec pad ?
Which kind of wipe do you use ?

Pec pads are great, unfortunately they are not cheap.
But if you are careful, you can reuse them a couple of times.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for PecPad in Europe and can't find em, any help welcomed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
I'm looking for PecPad in Europe and can't find em, any help welcomed

there is 1 kit left in Finland, dont know if they import themselves?

https://www.fotonordic.fi/product/103854/photographic-solutions-survival-kit-type-2