Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and they're finally here:

Pretty good to excellent condition optically but they all need CLA so it will be fun weekend (unless we finally get nice weather)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiyoko Super Rokkor 2/5cm (3rd version)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
Chiyoko Super Rokkor 2/5cm (3rd version)

WOW! Congrats

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could probably coax such a look out of those lenses with the right conditions, but honestly, I'd consider both of those models to be more "clarity" lenses with rather bold contrastual transitions, so it may be tough. Why not just buy an example of the Tak and play around with it? It's pretty easy to find in the $50-$75 range, so not a huge outlay.

kiddo wrote:
BrianSVP wrote:
That 28 is one of my faves in the Takumar line. One of the first lenses I think of when people talk about a "painterly" look. Used right, it can make landscapes look like 19th Century Romanticist oils.

eeyore_nl wrote:
My latest acquisition was actually a re-purchase; I used to have a Pentax SMC Takumar 28/3.5, which I sold quite some time ago.

A few days ago, I stumbled upon an affordable Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 28/3.5.

First impressions are that it is sharper than the Kiron made 28/2.5 I still had (both compared at f/4), but that the Takumar has slightly more CA. Which is in line with what I remembered. The difference is that I now understand how to remove the green/purple shift, if I want (which I didn't know back then).

All in all a good lens for not much more than €60 (lens plus shipping). I have used it on my Fujifilm X-T1 so far.

I would like to get that painterly look from c/y 28mm Zeiss or FDn 28mm both 2.8 . Would it be possible to get those results by lens settings(FF user) or edition?
I know there are some lenses that might do better than other for their own character etc, but how these 2 lenses would qualify to get that look?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radionar 75mm 2.9 from a beyond repair Franka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literally just mentioned this lens a couple of days ago in another thread, so interesting to see it pop up here. If you adapt it to digital, I'd be curious to see how it performs for you. Please post pics!

blotafton wrote:
Radionar 75mm 2.9 from a beyond repair Franka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I think I know about this lens: It was the widest R lens. Made between 1960 and 1963, since in 1964 it was replaced by the FL mount version. Although this particular example is from 1963, it is one of the last manufactured. On the Internet I found a copy with a serial number very similar to mine, and the purchase invoice indicated February 1, 1964. In total about 12,500 were manufactured. And now I need a Canonflex camera to be able to use it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianSVP wrote:
Literally just mentioned this lens a couple of days ago in another thread, so interesting to see it pop up here. If you adapt it to digital, I'd be curious to see how it performs for you. Please post pics!

blotafton"]Radionar 75mm 2.9 from a beyond repair Franka

You got some synchronicities going!

I was curious too and took a few freelensing shots. The lens has some fungus or other material so the contrast is lower than normal.

I set the front element beyond infinity to get strong bubble bokeh.

#1 OOC

#2 With S-curve

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
BrianSVP wrote:

I was curious too and took a few freelensing shots. The lens has some fungus or other material so the contrast is lower than normal.

#1 OOC

#2 With S-curve

I have the trioplan same focal length from an old Balda (20'-30's), is your lens a triplet also? Did you use a hood?
The trioplan will also be low contrast and soft wide open, maybe the bubbles are a bit better at least on MFD shots (I've used helicoid adapter)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kiddo"]
blotafton wrote:
BrianSVP wrote:

I have the trioplan same focal length from an old Balda (20'-30's), is your lens a triplet also? Did you use a hood?
The trioplan will also be low contrast and soft wide open, maybe the bubbles are a bit better at least on MFD shots (I've used helicoid adapter)

Yes I think it's a triplet. Indeed it's probably not a contrast monster but with this much contaminants it will likely make it a bit worse.

Setting focus to MFD will make the bokeh softer, less bubbely but I like the hard edge bokeh. I can never remember if it's over or under corrected spherical aberration.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics!

Yes, based on what I've heard, it's a classic Cooke-style triplet (3 elements, 3 groups).

[quote="blotafton"]
kiddo wrote:
blotafton wrote:
BrianSVP wrote:

Yes I think it's a triplet. Indeed it's probably not a contrast monster but with this much contaminants it will likely make it a bit worse.

Setting focus to MFD will make the bokeh softer, less bubbely but I like the hard edge bokeh. I can never remember if it's over or under corrected spherical aberration.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red T would stand for specific coatings on Zeiss lenses , red Pi for highest quality Russian lenses ,what about the red triangle?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
Red T would stand for specific coatings on Zeiss lenses , red Pi for highest quality Russian lenses ,what about the red triangle?

My guess, everyone wanted a cool red symbol Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sears 135mm f2.8 with the special macro. Looks like a fun lens to play around with. Aaaannndddd.... A SMC Takumar 135mm f2.5 model 2! I opened it up about an hour ago but it already seems super and super special! Pics to come

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently traded my Meyer Lydith 30mm for a Canon FD 28mm f/2.8 (the latest version). The uncoated Lydith has that vintage look, but the multicoated Canon has nice strong colors. But neither is as sharp as my (recently repurchased) Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 28mm f/3.5.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just took delivery of this little gem
Minolta MC-I MC W.ROKKOR-HH 35mm F 1.8 very low serial number

[img]
[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ,just got another Trioplan but different one 45mm 3.5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelb wrote:

[img]
[/img]

I have this lens, probably the most interesting 35mm for myself ( I've had many others distagon included , but I prefer character before perfection)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
michelb wrote:

[img]
[/img]

I have this lens, probably the most interesting 35mm for myself ( I've had many others distagon included , but I prefer character before perfection)

Notice serial No 1100001. Could be either the first produced or an early prototype

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax Week by me.
Pentax-A 100 f2.8 and 100 f4 Dental-Macro

Pentax Super-Takumar 85 f1.9 and 50 f1.4 8-Element

Pentax Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR-ZOOM 85-210mm F4.5 with Close up lens attachment

And two Vivitar 55 f2.8 Macro M42
Laugh 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:
Pentax Week by me.
Pentax-A 100 f2.8 and 100 f4 Dental-Macro

Pentax Super-Takumar 85 f1.9 and 50 f1.4 8-Element

Pentax Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR-ZOOM 85-210mm F4.5 with Close up lens attachment

And two Vivitar 55 f2.8 Macro M42
Laugh 1

Nice collection. The Pentax 100/2.8 will surprise you 👍

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:
Pentax Week by me.

Laugh 1

Nice haul!!! Congrats Whoo Turtle Happy Dog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigma 200mm f4 XQ - took this one because of attached adapter (YS - Exakta), way cheaper than the adapter itself Smile
Soligor 135mm f2.8 Tele-Auto T2 (with T2-M42 adapter) - for parts lens with high probability of being saved
Meyer-Optik Görlitz 150mm f5.5 Telemegor V silver Exakta
Canon 5cm f2 Serenar LTM39 - leap of faith with this one, expensive for my comfort zone but 5x cheaper that ebay prices. Per description it should be possible to CLA and repair it
Minolta 75-300mm f4.5-5.6 AF - not MF but kinda vintage Smile needed 300mm for my Sony A100

fingers crossed for that Serenar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelb wrote:

[img]
[/img]

Amazing SN! This is truly a collector's piece.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petri CC 55mm f1.8 (petri breech-lock)
adapter Petri - m42 (ofc, it wont reach inf. with standard m42 but i have m42 adapter with ltm39 ffd)
Meyer Optik Gorlitz Domigor 135mm f4 pentina (any idea how to non-destructive adapt this one?)
Staeble Telon-R 85mm f5.6 paxette m39 (whats the difference between Telon and Telexon?)
Roeschlein-Kreuznach Telenar C 135mm f5.6 paxette m39