Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
Have you ordered the 62,5 clamp adapter for isco? I've got the 52,5 for angenieux, but the 62,5 could it also but with m65 helicoid I guess

No, the 42.5mm to m42 adapter which fits this lens. I’m not using a m65 helicoid.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petri TTL with 55mm f/1.8

It even had a Polaroid roll in it, ripped off.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

Lovely lens!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="caspert79"]
blotafton wrote:

Lovely lens!

Yeah I've seen a lot of good samples here and elsewhere and wanted to try!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get 4 Kameras today with 5 Lenses. Asahi Pentax SP and SP500 and Asahiflex and a Cosina.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeiss CY 3.3-4.0/28-85mm, here shown with the Zeiss CY 3.5/70-210mm:

Both lenses are fairly large and heavy, and both lenses perform pretty well on 24 MP FF cameras. Don't expect test results soon - testing zoom lenses is a quite complicated undertaking, since perfomance (including contrast, vignetting, bokeh and distortion) may vary considerably depending on focal length and distance. In addition there's usually more copy-to-copy variation than with primes, and slightly inaccurate adapters (length, tilting) may have a stronger influence too.

As you would expect from a Zeiss CY lens, both lense are very well built. Zooming as well as focusing feels precise. On the CY 3.5/70-210mm (built in Germany, and extremely expensive when new) there's not the slightest trace of wobbling; on the later 3.3-4/28-85mm (built in Japan) you can feel and hear a slight wobbling when zooming ad focusing, though.

S

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:
I get 4 Kameras today with 5 Lenses. Asahi Pentax SP and SP500 and Asahiflex and a Cosina.

pics

Like 1 Like 1 Congrats

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice haul. The Takumar 58mm is a very interesting lens, the only Heliar format normal lens ever released for a 35mm SLR. The Cosinon is one of the ubiquitous "Tomioka" 55s. The Takumar 28mm is a very good lens, but is not among their best. The S-M-C 135mm has a couple of variants. The later 6 element version is the better one. The two variants can be distinguished by the number on the A/M switch.

starbucklover69 wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianSVP wrote:
The Takumar 58mm is a very interesting lens, the only Heliar format normal lens ever released for a 35mm SLR.

[/quote]

I have a second Asahiflex with a 50 f3.5 and the 135 f3.5. Its all in my Basement with my Camera Collection. I have over 60 Boxes with Cams and Lenses. I haven't had time to put everything in my display cases yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 135/2.5 seems to have 8 aperture blades. That means it is the better six element version. From the 6133xx serial number it is the new version

Last edited by D1N0 on Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the serial number and, the number 43812 on auto/man switch.

https://takumarguide.weebly.com/1--25--135-43812.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:

pics

Interesting, the 58/2.4 !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianSVP wrote:
Nice haul. The Takumar 58mm is a very interesting lens, the only Heliar format normal lens ever released for a 35mm SLR.

It looks like the Heliar lens changed slightly as they developed it further:

(image from wikipedia, resized)

The earliest version has the cemented join between the elements with an outward curve, and the subsequent versions with a reversed curvature, sold as a Dynar lens.

(from allphotolenses.com website)

The Takumar lens looks to be a mix between the first and subsequent versions of the original Heliar lens, with the curvature not symmetrical in the front and rear groups.

(sellers pic)

(from camera manual at Butkus website)

My latest purchase also has a Heliar-type design, an Olympus 35mm F/2.8 for their Ace rangefinder camera. I still have to construct an adapting mount for the lens yet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never really interested in this lens, but today I could pick it up for next to nothing so why not.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron 28mm f2.8 adapt-a-matic version - there's something interesting in this series (I didnt saw much quality improvement in later adaptal and adaptall II, in fact, it seems they went "on the budget")

& Sony A100 camera with 18-55 lens (camera needs some TLC but it's fully usable and i think it's a great deal for 25eur, price with lens, battery & charger). This will be great addition to my "i wont cry alot if it's get broken, stolen, lost" equipment set

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrBB wrote:
Tamron 28mm f2.8 adapt-a-matic version - there's something interesting in this series (I didnt saw much quality improvement in later adaptal and adaptall II, in fact, it seems they went "on the budget")

I have two versions - first one with a really "old style" optical design, later one with a much better and more integradet designe approach. Which one do you have?

DrBB wrote:
& Sony A100 camera with 18-55 lens (camera needs some TLC but it's fully usable and i think it's a great deal for 25eur, price with lens, battery & charger). This will be great addition to my "i wont cry alot if it's get broken, stolen, lost" equipment set

The A100 does have a really interesting CCD sensor (it was basically an improved Minolta Dynax 5D). I have made great b/w portraits with that camera, using the Sony Zeiss ZA 1.8/135mm lens. This gave the perspective and background rendering of a 2.8/200mm on FF before FF was available on the Minolta/Sony DSLR system. AF is a bit slow, and cannot be calbrated by the user. Fast lenses such as the AF 2.8/200, the 1.8/135, the 2/100 or the 1.4/85 may have some backfocus.

The Sony 18-55mm lens is surprisingly good as well.

S

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 soap bubble bokeh lenses on a budget: Jena 50/2.8 for 10€ and Fujinon 55/2.2 for 20€.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
2 soap bubble bokeh lenses on a budget: Jena 50/2.8 for 10€ and Fujinon 55/2.2 for 20€.

i dom´t have any 2.8 in 50mm FL, why would anyone get such a lens unless very specific attribute that faster lenses don´t have? - for individual portrait, i rarely close down more than f2 (50mm lenses)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

i dom´t have any 2.8 in 50mm FL, why would anyone get such a lens unless very specific attribute that faster lenses don´t have? - for individual portrait, i rarely close down more than f2 (50mm lenses)

Tessar type 2.8/50mm lenses usually are very small and lightweight.

Other than that, most Tessar lenses have more astigmatism than their faster double gauss equivalents. Due to their simple three element construction they often have a better overall contrast than their double gauss conterparts (at least if you compare old lenses from the 1950s).

S

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

A specific attribute such as soap bubble bokeh? 😉

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
kiddo wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Other than that, most Tessar lenses have more astigmatism than their faster double gauss equivalents. Due to their simple three element construction they often have a better overall contrast than their double gauss conterparts (at least if you compare old lenses from the 1950s).

S

isn´t it a 3 groups and 4 elements? i´ve seen em sell prety fast for good money , but , to be honest, i didn´t get the idea why would that be

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
stevemark wrote:
kiddo wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

S

isn´t it a 3 groups and 4 elements? i´ve seen em sell prety fast for good money , but , to be honest, i didn´t get the idea why would that be

These simple Tessars can do great things: https://flic.kr/p/LvDMTK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
DrBB wrote:

I have two versions - first one with a really "old style" optical design, later one with a much better and more integradet designe approach. Which one do you have?

I'll get them both in 2-3 days, but i'm pretty sure it's earlier (longer) version

stevemark wrote:

DrBB wrote:

The A100 does have a really interesting CCD sensor (it was basically an improved Minolta Dynax 5D). I have made great b/w portraits with that camera, using the Sony Zeiss ZA 1.8/135mm lens. This gave the perspective and background rendering of a 2.8/200mm on FF before FF was available on the Minolta/Sony DSLR system. AF is a bit slow, and cannot be calbrated by the user. Fast lenses such as the AF 2.8/200, the 1.8/135, the 2/100 or the 1.4/85 may have some backfocus.

The Sony 18-55mm lens is surprisingly good as well.

The main reason (beside the price) is the amount of available cheap A mount lenses, I guess it'll be fun to play with Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrBB wrote:

I'll get them both in 2-3 days, but i'm pretty sure it's earlier (longer) version

A real "character lens" then, to say it politely Wink

DrBB wrote:
The main reason (beside the price) is the amount of available cheap A mount lenses, I guess it'll be fun to play with Smile

Minolta AF lenses like the G series 3.5/17-35, 2.8/28-70 and 2.8/80-200mm are VERY well made, and optically they are better then any of the corresponding the pre-1985 MF lenses. AF 2.8/20, 2/28, 2/35 are as good as the best pre-1985 MF lenses, and AF 1.4/85, 2/100 and 2.8/200 APO are lots of fun as well. Nearly all of them these days are available comparatively cheap Wink

S

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:

Sorry, my mistake ... translation error!

S