Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:

(sellers pic)

These don't come up very often, I've had a search for it for a while. It's a name badged Tamron Model 360, and looks to be #730 made. Released in 1960, the same year as their 58mm F/1.2 lens, it looked to be from a period when Tamron were trying to make a name for themselves. It was made until 1969. With 5 elements in 3 groups, I am curious to find out what kind of images it can make.

I saw this one available too but I have Minolta already. Pretty rare lens.

Congrats Friends

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was a short story. The seller immediately cancelled the sale and informed me of their intention to list it for 5k. Which I doubt they'll get, but that's a different story...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
Well that was a short story. The seller immediately cancelled the sale and informed me of their intention to list it for 5k. Which I doubt they'll get, but that's a different story...

The price seems a bit low for a 200mm f2.8 lens. Anyway, it may be a good practise to post only after you get the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Anyway, it may be a good practise to post only after you get the lens.

Haha I admit to getting slightly overexcited about that purchase. And to forgetting that ebay has different policies regarding aftersales changes. In normal life, once money changes hands the ownerships of the goods does as well. Too bad, I think that's as close as I will get to that particular lens in the near future.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

Haha I admit to getting slightly overexcited about that purchase. And to forgetting that ebay has different policies regarding aftersales changes. In normal life, once money changes hands the ownerships of the goods does as well. Too bad, I think that's as close as I will get to that particular lens in the near future.

Oh yes, you will get one eventually. It will be nice to see a comparison of this lens to the CZJ Sonnar 180/Jupiter-6 as they are both 5e/3g lens. The Jupiter-6 also weights 1.5kg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:

Just saw that. Before I saw your message, I had planned to ask him if his listing price is wrong. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost pulled the trigger on that lens myself but am a bit overspent this month. Honestly glad to know I didn't miss an amazing deal.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

You can leave feedback and complain to ebay.

Seller with over 7000 ebay feedback should know listing for such a low starting price without reserve price is risky -- perhaps the starting price was meant to be $6999? Maybe not as past negative feedback shows seller backed out of other sale.

I'm not shy! Smile Buy it now! Click here to see on Ebay

The Tamron 360 seems pretty rare too!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a listing cancelled on eBay. Didn't know it was possible. Happened on Yahoo Japan several times though, and once on Catawiki, but that was a novice seller, who blamed everybody but himself. Didn't come back either.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Alun Thomas wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

You can leave feedback and complain to ebay.

Seller with over 7000 ebay feedback should know listing for such a low starting price without reserve price is risky -- perhaps the starting price was meant to be $6999? Maybe not as past negative feedback shows seller backed out of other sale.

I'm not shy! Smile Buy it now! Click here to see on Ebay

The Tamron 360 seems pretty rare too!

If you look at the revision summary, it will be even more interesting. It is also amazing that it stays on eBay for more than one day without a single buyer! Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

The seller may visit this website (from seller id)?

I got cancelled once for a Zeiss 85mm 1.4 lens sold for $23.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw that too Calvin and had my finger on "buy it now", but I have too many lenses anyway...
Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in 2015 I uploaded a photo of my husky, Trooper, taken with an A7II and my newly acquired Canon LTM 1.4/50 lens. Today I provide a new photo of Trooper, taken with the same A7II and a newly acquired, LTM, Topcor-S 1.8/50 lens.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Congrats Trooper has aged well! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he has, thank you. He is a great companion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newly arrived:
SMC Pentax-M 50mm 1.4, very nice!
Happy Dog

Carenar EEK 35mm 2.8 was in the same deal (not so great, I expect).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Newly arrived:
SMC Pentax-M 50mm 1.4, very nice!
Happy Dog

Carenar EEK 35mm 2.8 was in the same deal (not so great, I expect).

Review for the carenar here https://www.analogicus.de/carenar3528/

He grades it a 3 (He is probably using german school grades from 1 to 6 where 1 is the best). I'd see a vintage effect lens at best. I own a similar Exaktar 35/2.8 that is pretty poor.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Review for the carenar here https://www.analogicus.de/carenar3528/

He grades it a 3 (He is probably using german school grades from 1 to 6 where 1 is the best). I'd see a vintage effect lens at best. I own a similar Exaktar 35/2.8 that is pretty poor.

Thank You Dog

That doesn't lead to high expectations.
But I don't worry about the Pentax.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else notice this thread has over half a million views?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Happy Cat

Probably the most viewed thread in this forum, together with the biggest bargain thread.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Happy Cat

Probably the most viewed thread in this forum, together with the biggest bargain thread.

http://forum.mflenses.com/what-are-the-biggest-bargains-you-have-found-t27202.html has 836059 views...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What else!!?? Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
What else!!??

With 6149 posts, this may be the busiest topic on the entire forum...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple here:

It's an A/I-s.
Seems to be reasonably sharp in the mid-morning quick snaps I took with it on the D-810.

I more or less jumped at it over the L-37-C filter, which is getting hard to come by around here.
I think this is going to be a final attempt at a zoom for me.

Not sure if this counts as a lens. Very nicely coated glass in it though.
I have yet to try it out....

-D.S.