Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the broken "ФЭД-Микрон" with the "Гелиос-89" lens

DSC00378 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
the broken "ФЭД-Микрон" with the "Гелиос-89" lens

DSC00378 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

Similar to mine - A 'Triplet 69-3' (40mm/4) from a Siluet Elektro (see http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Siluet_Elektro). The shutter on this is jammed open so the camera is quite useless, but the lens should be easily adapted to an LTM mount for mirrorless use & the jammed shutter actually makes adapting easier.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:

Similar to mine - A 'Triplet 69-3' (40mm/4) from a Siluet Elektro (see http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Siluet_Elektro). The shutter on this is jammed open so the camera is quite useless, but the lens should be easily adapted to an LTM mount for mirrorless use & the jammed shutter actually makes adapting easier.

This is true. but there are two nuances at least. The flange focal distance (FFD) of the "Гелиос-89" is approximately 20 mm and the "Гелиос-89" has not aperture.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
Similar to mine - A 'Triplet 69-3'

I don't quite get how a Planar is similar to a triplet Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex TG wrote:
DConvert wrote:

They are both lenses... Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex TG wrote:
DConvert wrote:

Perhaps a link to one of the images of my lens will clarify.
http://allphotolenses.com/public/files/img/b9bf2b620a21c9678371ea481cbbbb15.JPG

Visually similar, both broken, both from similar looking cameras...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:

Visually similar, both broken, both from similar looking cameras...

Both are "inspired by" original Olympus Pen series...
That Helios 89 looks stunningly similar to the Pen EE2/EE3 lenses (I wonder how this pattern/texture was even developed in the first place)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Which camera did you use, and which apertures?

Fuji X-T2 (crop sensor), all apertures, so obviously I can't speak to FF edge performance. I generally give a new lens a pretty thorough run. This one is decent wide-open and nice and sharp in the middle. It's less sharp smaller than f/8, which is the main reason it's not great for macro.

The bokeh really interested me, but as I said I'll probably have to wait for Spring to give it a proper examination. There simply won't be much color til then.

stevemark wrote:
Tele lenses - unless they have internal focusing - usually are not very good for macro.

Quite a few of my 135s are really good for macro. That's part of the reason for my recent fascination with 135s.

I've even tried 200s with some success, but the minimum focal distance is just too long for comfortable use. They can work if you set up a flash on a tripod though.

Notably, my zebra Sonnar 135 3.5 is excellent for macro (apart from the hexagonal aperture and weight - it's a bit too heavy), while my silver Sonnar 135 4 is not so good.

My slim Triotar and all my Nikkor 135s are good macro lenses too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex TG wrote:

Both are "inspired by" original Olympus Pen series...
That Helios 89 looks stunningly similar to the Pen EE2/EE3 lenses (I wonder how this pattern/texture was even developed in the first place)

I don't have exact information about "who's mom" but the «ФЭД-Микрон» camera is very similar to the «Konica EYE» camera with a Hexanon 30mm 1:1.9 lens.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
I don't have exact information about "who's mom" but the «ФЭД-Микрон» camera is very similar to the «Konica EYE» camera with a Hexanon 30mm 1:1.9 lens.

Well, it was definitely Olympus who started all this half-frame camera movement back in 1959, but Konica EYE (1964) is indeed older than Olympus Pen EE2 (1968), which is the first Oly camera with this particular lens design, so probably you are right.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
stevemark wrote:
Which camera did you use, and which apertures?

Fuji X-T2 (crop sensor), all apertures, so obviously I can't speak to FF edge performance. I generally give a new lens a pretty thorough run. This one is decent wide-open and nice and sharp in the middle. It's less sharp smaller than f/8, which is the main reason it's not great for macro.

The bokeh really interested me, but as I said I'll probably have to wait for Spring to give it a proper examination. There simply won't be much color til then.

stevemark wrote:
Tele lenses - unless they have internal focusing - usually are not very good for macro.

Quite a few of my 135s are really good for macro. That's part of the reason for my recent fascination with 135s.

I've even tried 200s with some success, but the minimum focal distance is just too long for comfortable use. They can work if you set up a flash on a tripod though.

Notably, my zebra Sonnar 135 3.5 is excellent for macro (apart from the hexagonal aperture and weight - it's a bit too heavy), while my silver Sonnar 135 4 is not so good.

My slim Triotar and all my Nikkor 135s are good macro lenses too.

Thanks for answering my questions!

S

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Thanks for answering my questions!

S

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping it cheap, the latest purchase is a "Steinheil" 28mm f2.8. Its made in Japan so isobviously 3rd party. Anyone any idea who may have made it??

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Gott23"]Keeping it cheap, the latest purchase is a "Steinheil" 28mm f2.8. Its made in Japan so isobviously 3rd party. Anyone any idea who may have made it??

Interesting find! From the shape, I can't recall any made-in-japan 28mm f/2.8 looking like this. Can we have a photo showing the focusing mark (at infinity). That sometimes can tell.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enna Ennalyt 135mm 1:2.8 and 35mm 1:3.5 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Enna Ennalyt 135mm 1:2.8 and 35mm 1:3.5 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Two Enna München Ennalyt lenses, made of flimsy plastic. The 35 has fungus inside (unmentioned) and the front element is reversed. The 135 is extremely soft wide open. They came with a good looking and working spotmatic. The Germans should be ashamed about these lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:

Interesting find! From the shape, I can't recall any made-in-japan 28mm f/2.8 looking like this. Can we have a photo showing the focusing mark (at infinity). That sometimes can tell.

That's the best I can do till it arrives.. 😁

I've not come across much mention of it online either, especially since its the actual German made lenses that are more of note.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron Adaptall 2 SP 90mm 1:2.5 Tele Macro by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:

That's the best I can do till it arrives.. 😁

I've not come across much mention of it online either, especially since its the actual German made lenses that are more of note.

The Vade Mecum notes "Later the trade name was applied to products from the Far East and a Steinheil retrofocus of this type has been seen." It also notes that "Agents for USA were Ponder and Best in 1964", which led me to look at '60s Vivitars of the Kiron, Komine, Tokina variety and, although I could match the aperture control ring, I didn't see a lens that I could say was the same. Having said that, it was only a quick shuftie, so a more intensive search might bring up something. Of course, a Vivitar match may easily be a red herring. Regardless, good luck with the hunt.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

Tamron Adaptall 2 SP 90mm 1:2.5 Tele Macro

Nice little lens - good detail resolution wide open, very little lateral CAs ... nearly as good as the famous Minolta MD 2/85mm, but slightly slower.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

Nice little lens - good detail resolution wide open, very little lateral CAs ... nearly as good as the famous Minolta MD 2/85mm, but slightly slower.

I've heard some issues with this Tamron on Sony A7 ,some kind of reflections?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon 50mm F2.2 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

An uncommon lens- Canon 50/2.2 in Leica mount. This is the 89th lens of the type, well below that registered in Peter Kitchingman's book.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tammies are rolling in at the moment:
Tamron adaptall-2 135mm 1:2.5 (03b) by The lens profile, on Flickr

Tamron adaptall-2 135mm 1:2.5 (03b) (I am using the Canon FD mount adaptall adapter as a lens cap, the lens came without a mount). One Tamron to go from my adaptall spree of late.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bucket of alpas fell out of Santa's sleigh for a short visit- - - 35 curtagon, 50 Kern 1.8, 90 angenieux 2.5 and a angenieux 28.... Will play with them for a bit..... And send most on to new homes...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
stevemark wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

I haven't been using it extensively - so i don't know about that ... resolution and lack of obvious CAs however are pretty astonishing for a vintage MF lens.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
kiddo wrote:
stevemark wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

I haven't been using it extensively - so i don't know about that ... resolution and lack of obvious CAs however are pretty astonishing for a vintage MF lens.

Well, there were some people mentioning some blue circle because of the rear flat optics in 52B and 52BB version, anot seen o 72B 1:1 all this in Sony A7,