Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooo. You got your Telyt 200mm f4 lens which, as everyone knows, is made for the Visoflex so it's M39 mount. But you have an OUBIO which lets you change from M39 to M mount. But that won't work with your Sony because the foot of the Oubio hits the body. But wait! You also have a 14167 which converts to Leica R. Then you have the Leica R adapter to the Sony. Slicker than deer guts on a door knob!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the way from Nova Ohio a Vivitar 70-150mm 1:3.8 + matched multiplier. It was only $9 +Ebay GSP. It is going to be a project I fear. Some haze behind the front element (still waiting for my rubber wrenches to arrive) and the barrel is crooked.

Vivitar 70-150mm 1:3.8 Kino by The lens profile, on Flickr

Vivitar 70-150mm 1:3.8 Kino by The lens profile, on Flickr

It is nice and compact, not at all like the corresponding Vivitar 75-205mm 1:3.8 by Kino.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
All the way from Nova Ohio a Vivitar 70-150mm 1:3.8 + matched multiplier. It was only $9 +Ebay GSP. It is going to be a project I fear. Some haze behind the front element (still waiting for my rubber wrenches to arrive) and the barrel is crooked.

Mine was similar when it arrived. It's one of the trickier lenses to service from memory, as well as built like a tank. The results once reassembled were as good as people claim, so it was worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

Mine was similar when it arrived. It's one of the trickier lenses to service from memory, as well as built like a tank. The results once reassembled were as good as people claim, so it was worth it.

I am hoping the stuff I see is not separation in the front group:
Haze or fungus? by The lens profile, on Flickr

And this I have never seen before in a lens:
Crooked barrel by The lens profile, on Flickr

I have already unscrewed the ring with the red dot above the aperture ring, but that only loosens the ring. It's not holding the barrel in place.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crooked focus ring can happen in designs with infinity adjustment via focus ring external circumference bolts.
For focus rings with rubberized grip they are usually hidden behind the said rubber.

I'm not a big fan of this design, since even when properly torqued in, focus ring can scrape against the barrel.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:
Crooked focus ring can happen in designs with infinity adjustment via focus ring external circumference bolts.
For focus rings with rubberized grip they are usually hidden behind the said rubber.

I'm not a big fan of this design, since even when properly torqued in, focus ring can scrape against the barrel.

The focus ring isn't crooked, it's the lens barrel that sits crooked against the mount. It is causing distortion because the plane of focus is tilted. See how the rear element is de-centred in the mount:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

The focus ring isn't crooked, it's the lens barrel that sits crooked against the mount.

Wow. I've never seen a tilt so bad either.

It is as if someone used this lens as a police baton.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

The focus ring isn't crooked, it's the lens barrel that sits crooked against the mount.

Wow. I've never seen a tilt so bad either.

It is as if someone used this lens as a police baton.

Well it was sold as condition 'used'. It didn't say what for :p

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tair-16N 500/4.5 and Tair-3N 300/4.5 in their box.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Nice find BurstMax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used one of these at the Leica Schule in Wetzlar back in 1986. I bought the camera then but couldn't afford the lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rybolt wrote:
I used one of these at the Leica Schule in Wetzlar back in 1986. I bought the camera then but couldn't afford the lens.

WOW!!! Now this is a noteworthy acquisition indeed--congratulations. Best jt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AoCo Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1.4/50.

I've just realised I've never properly introduced my Takumar to the gang. I purchased it from Japan last November, then promptly caught a virus that tried to kill me. No joke - 4 days in intensive care, then a further two weeks in the general ward. The good news is that when I got home, there was a little note saying the lens was waiting for me at the post office (with a bill from Customs and Excise!).

It had the darkest, deepest tobacco browning I'd ever seen on a radioactive lens,...

... which, in a way, helped, as it masked the fungus on both the front and rear elements. Anyway, having sat in my bay window for months de-browning, and a couple of days of LED application, I think it's ready for it's close-up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest lens. Soligor Tele-Auto E 135mm f2.8.
Serial number 271xxx. Made for Miranda.
This lens was made to be used on the Miranda Sensorex EE.

I will start a thread with pics on this lens as soon as I can.Can you guess why I'm excited about this lens.?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:

I will start a thread with pics on this lens as soon as I can.Can you guess why I'm excited about this lens.?

Nope, I'm stumped.
It should be a good lens of course.
Is it a Sun product or from someone else?
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
walter g wrote:

Nope, I'm stumped.
It should be a good lens of course.
Is it a Sun product or from someone else?
Tom

Made by Sun Optical in 1971. That's one thing that makes it exciting.
The Miranda Sensorex EE came out in 1971, for the new Auto Miranda E lenses. The E on the lens was in red, as it is on my Soligor.

Soligor took some Miranda lenses and made very similar versions and released them as Soligors. These lenses were made for Miranda and not released in any other mount.

The other exciting thing is that I'd read that some Auto Miranda E lenses were different optically then the earlier versions.
This gives a hint that possibly some of the Auto Miranda E lenses might of been made by Sun Optical.

Now I can reasonably prove the Miranda Auto EC lenses were made by Sun Optical. Not sure on the Macron lens.

Edit.

Most of the Soligor Auto E lenses I've found in different focal lengths aren't date coded, which makes this one kinda unusual.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an exciting find and I can follow your reasoning on the parent connection.
My latest lens is a Kowa Prominar in Miranda guise.
The 5cm f1.9 Soligor Miranda
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bagged an Edixa Flex with a Super Takumar 55mm f/1.8 on it quite cheap off ebay. Going by the photo it doesn't look too bad and I can make out the serial number.

So can anyone give me any idea of the age if its serial number is 4739768? Checked some lists but dammed if I can find one with the numbers sorted chronologically..

Its an MC version but has a bit of an orange tint to it so I'm suspecting there may be some radiation there as well..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
That is an exciting find and I can follow your reasoning on the parent connection.
Tom

oh neat, i have that same lens but the serial number is a different series (5029968), suppose it's the same manufacturer?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
oh neat, i have that same lens but the serial number is a different series (5029968), suppose it's the same manufacturer?

sorry i take that back, i was thinking of an exakta lens with that aperture control arm - my miranda doesn't have that, and is perhaps a later model

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Tom

It could be.
From what I have seen, the serials starting with "K" were Kowa made, but there could be others of course
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Projection Kodak Ektar 100mm/ f4,5
1946 year of production for $5 on flea market in very good condition.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a bit naughty and celebrated my first pay in my new job with a couple of A. Schacht 135s. So that's a zebra exakta Travenar R 135/3.5 and a metal m42 Travenon 135/4.5 in the post now.. 😆

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found this spiratone (sankor?) 35mm / f2.8 on the way up north for vacation.. didn't bring a nikon adapter tho, won't be able to try it out til next week

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tominon 4.5/75mm