Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What Sigma 18mm f/3.5 lens is this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: What Sigma 18mm f/3.5 lens is this? Reply with quote

Sorry for the bad photo, this is what the seller made. The description says that the lens has a pre-set diaphragm. Is this probably a lens with a T2 mount?

How would it perform optically?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that it's a f/3.5 lens ? My Sigma booklet (almost 20 lenses descripted) has only a 18/2.8 Surprised

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think same lens than spiratone 18mm f3.5 TX4 mount, and not a good lens, generally going for a few bucks. Seeak Spiratone 18mm in google.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would think this the sigma 18/3.5 widerama YS (the chome plate seems to be an ys mount/ we can see a pin on the right side)
ALL sigma lens of that period <1975 are poor quality lenses (but do not forget that at that period this was the very first ultra wide angle along with the tokina 17mm (sold as soligor and vivitar but the tokina lens is A good lens)

to confirm attila thinking : spiratone at that period bought many lenses from sigma (doubler + fish eye ...)

Last edited by PBFACTS on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:56 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree most Sigma is poor performer from this ages, I found one what is lot better than I expected that is 135mm f1.8.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the helpful responses! It seems that I'll have to pass on this one. Even though the asking price is only 35 euro's, it's still too much for a piece of junk Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is definitiv Sigma 3,5/18mm M42 mount.
I have same lens and opticaly is not so good, shows too much flare at wide open.