Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what should I do with this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: what should I do with this? Reply with quote

Early in september I went to one of my best friends wedding.
He hired a photographer, that should do all the formal and staged shots, so I told him I would have carried my camera and some lenses to take some candids. A couple of days ago the photographer showed them the photos (i didn't see them) but the couple was not happy at all, so they asked me if can I provide some more of my pics (i sent them the better ones the week after the wedding) to fill the album they're going to do.
Obviously mine are snapshots, with many imperfections, and while I was surfing them to find some more, I stumbled across this one:

(The shot has no (or very little) PP yet)

I kinda like the shot, it was taken through the roof of the old fiat 500 they used to move from the church to the place where the reception took place, but I see its problems: I don't like the bride's head being cut, and the out of focus groom.
So, since I have really little experience in this field, I'd like to know: should I include this, or should I trash it. Or maybe there's something I can do to make it better?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely keep it, just make it a bit different, slightly humorous. I hope you don't mind me showing what I had in mind (kind of):

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
I would definitely keep it, just make it a bit different, slightly humorous. I hope you don't mind me showing what I had in mind (kind of):

I was exactly looking for this kind of ideas, thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crop is nice idea.

Try the trick where you adjust the direction of the kids eye. I don't know if it's better but just try.

Don't remeber how it's done but here's the result.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum/178310-weird-photoshop-dilemma-changing-eye-direction.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good tip, thanks.
Carola's (that's the name of the little girl) iris look quite easy to select in photoshop. I'll give it a try.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth a try perhaps but I wouldn't bother. It doesn't disturb me one bit that the girl doesn't look into the camera. She's cute and dreamy... But as always, these things are so subjective.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
The crop is nice idea.

yes, but the eye peeking out is absolutely terrible, even worse than the whole head.
Crop is the way to go in my opinion, but you should either reconstruct the hidden bride and dress part (with a lot of patience...),
or cover the portion (Laughing) of groom by adding a covering element on a upper layer, element such as a
flower bunch that you can photograph simulating the same lighting over a uniform background and then cut
it out and paste it over the original photo.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the classic answer here.

[Orio - feel free to remove this post.]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:

A classic LOL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kans, I 'bout fell out of my chair laughing so hard! Laughing Cool

Just delicious, thanks for sharing. Smile

Last edited by Katastrofo on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A more radical crop like this? Well, maybe not...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
A more radical crop like this? Well, maybe not...

Best option so far.
Also B&W is best choice, it makes the eyes of both stand out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all versions , humorous one simple superb Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:

[Orio - feel free to remove this post.]

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

my gf and i almost died laughing

thank you, this was sheer genius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I edit the pict, sorry if you dont like it Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The humorous one Laughing

Also no harm give them few versions if you can't decide. The couple can decide which one they like.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@IAZA
Thanks, every suggestion is highly appreciated.

my_photography wrote:
The humorous one Laughing

Also no harm give them few versions if you can't decide. The couple can decide which one they like.

Sure, I will show them some different versions.
Knowing the groom well, I'm not sure he won't choose the humorous one Laughing Laughing Laughing

So far the idea that works best for me is the radical crop. Anyway, I will try some different ones and let them decide.

Thanks everybody for the ideas, especially for the humorous one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps cropping the top right corner and bottom left corner will remove some of the extra details, and focus a bit more on groom? Its his marriage too afterall! j/k Smile The picture can be kept in the shape of a hexagon, can be pasted on the back cover/backside of front cover of album or someplace where it gives an expression of peeking?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the radical crop by Pontus Smile

But the version by kansalliskala is als pretty nice Very Happy Very Happy