Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What do you make of this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: What do you make of this? Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It somehow reminds me of some graphical images of the 30s.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to tell whether it is one of Man Rays solarized nudes, or an unintended excess of HDR.

Sevo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
It somehow reminds me of some graphical images of the 30s.

Interesting. It's an airbrush studie I made of a Bernini sculpture Smile The picture in the gallery with girls kissing on Pride-festival reminded me of this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo wrote:
Hard to tell whether it is one of Man Rays solarized nudes, or an unintended excess of HDR.

Sevo

It's a photo of my painting of a sculpture, so I guess you could say it's layer on layer Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamara Lempicka
that's what it reminds me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't normally read this section of the forum and I've just found this thread. I immediately thought of Lempicka and then saw Orio's post ! There was a exhibition of her work at the Royal Academy (London) in 2004. I've just had another look at the catalogue. It's not quite Lempicka - and why should it be ? But it's certainly evocative of the period and I like it very much.