Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vorn 135mm f3.5 (Made in Japan)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Vorn 135mm f3.5 (Made in Japan) Reply with quote

Hi there - new the forum.

Has anyone seen or know the history of a Vorn 135mm f.3.5 lens?

It is Made in Japan with a steel body with a leather case.

I picked it up on ebay and it is clean and rather sharp. I will post pictures later.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome on this forum and we look forward to your pictures!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you pics of the lens. It sound interesant, I don't know this lens.

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , welcome to you . "Steel" body ? I'd never seen before a steel lens body. Aluminium alloys are the most common , olders made of brass , and sometimes bronze ... But steel ? Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrome brass very likely.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry , luis, I forgot the layer of chrom .... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Here are the photos Reply with quote

oops I mistyped - the "steel" should have simply been stated as "metal."

I also realize that may reduce the interest in this post as steel would have really been something.

Here are the pictures...

Let me know if you have a thought on which company may have built this lens.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like an old preset Tokina.

I have one just like this in the Sears brand, a gift from Andy (F16Sunshine) -

http://forum.mflenses.com/sears-tokina-135-3-5-preset-thanks-andy-t10473,highlight,sears+135.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: It does look like the Tokina! Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick find. Based on the demo images and what I have been able to see so far - this seems like a good deal at $12.00.

The lens is identical to the one pictured except for the paint color on the text.

I am sure I will post more as I am now completely sucked in to the M42 manual lens world.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok for old preset tokina , the T2 cosinon has the same size , but is quite different . Very bad or simply bad 135mm lenses doesn't exist ... !
My worst is ... hey , I don't really know which is the "looser" in my "collection" (over 40 135mm lenses)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios wrote:
Ok for old preset tokina , the T2 cosinon has the same size , but is quite different . Very bad or simply bad 135mm lenses doesn't exist ... !
My worst is ... hey , I don't really know which is the "looser" in my "collection" (over 40 135mm lenses)

I have this very same lens named "Prinz Galaxy" Smile It's 4 elements in 4 groups. It is not the sharpest 135mm I have (in fact, it's the softest f/3.5 of them all, marvellously uncorrected), but it gives a distinctly vintage bokeh. Just try shooting with this lens, and you'll see what I mean Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Vorn 200mm (Tokina). I havent used it very much but from what I remember it isnt too bad. Smile It's very usable and cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same 200/4.5 (Caspeco brand). I like it.

I just saw one of these with a Sun Optical brand. That amazed me. Sun made lenses, why would they sell Tokina-made lenses ? I am scratching my head.