Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander Color-Heliar 75mm/F2.5 M39/LTM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander Color-Heliar 75mm/F2.5 M39/LTM Reply with quote

The following examples are shot with my Ricoh GXR-M and the CV 75/2.5 lens during my dog-walk earlier today.

Pictures are all clickable for larger view:

The last one is a Panorama consisting of 12 pictures.

Information about this lens can be found here: http://www.cameraquest.com/voigtlen.htm

BTW, larger pictures or crops available on request.

Last edited by tb_a on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like mine too - it now seems to be out of production in all its variants. It's a shame the Leica thread version only focuses down to 1 meter. I've used mine on the Lumix with the extension-ring sections of the old Leitz "spider legs" close up devices which act as individual short extension tubes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog I wish to have once this lens.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fujinon-TV 1.8/75 is a good alternative. covers APS-C with no vignette, IQ is stunningly good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
I like mine too - it now seems to be out of production in all its variants. It's a shame the Leica thread version only focuses down to 1 meter. I've used mine on the Lumix with the extension-ring sections of the old Leitz "spider legs" close up devices which act as individual short extension tubes.

Stephen, the rather long MFD is obviously the only disadvantage of RF lenses.
However, the Zenit M39 tube set is the way out for me, if not forgotten at home. Wink
What I like most is the very smooth and soft bokeh of this lens.
Indeed it's already out of production, though Gandy has it still on stock.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've acquired this exact lens last weekend !!

I've yet to use it...

TFS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
I've acquired this exact lens last weekend !!

Congrats

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe those portrait examples with this lens may also be of interest:
http://forum.mflenses.com/dog-portrait-t72474.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here FF on the M9:

lips by unoh7, on Flickr

Mine is not well calibrated Sad

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more examples from today's dog walk shot with my most favorite 75mm lens....

As usual with Ricoh GXR-M and converted/resized with minor corrections in LR6:

For the storks I've used a M39 Komura Telemore 2x converter.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog Happy Dog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more nice ones, Thomas. The ones with the Komura converter look good - it would be nice to see some more shots from it, perhaps using other lenses as well as the 75.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Some more nice ones, Thomas. The ones with the Komura converter look good - it would be nice to see some more shots from it, perhaps using other lenses as well as the 75.

Thank you, Stephen. Well, I was positively surprised when I've seen the result back home. However, the CV 75mm lens is extremely good and sharp hence the quality decrease caused by the converter is hardly visible.
The Komura converter is something unique as it's RF-coupled and it comes with a special view finder as well (80 to 270mm).
Here is a review: http://www.pebbleplace.com/reviews/rangefinder/komura_2x/index.html
My judgement isn't that negative and in some instances it's better to have it in the pocket to enable such pictures like from the storks. Therefore it's my standard accessory like the M39 ring set and a 2nd battery when I go out for shooting with my GXR-M and RF-lenses.
I'll do some test pictures with different lenses and post them here.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen, I just ordered the Russian RF teleconverter "TK-2D" which is shown here: http://forum.mflenses.com/interesting-2x-converter-for-ltm-lenses-t69802.html and will do a comparison of both RF converters with different RF lenses after receipt. That should give you better information as to which one would be interesting for you, if at all.

Cheers,