Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Interesting 2x converter for LTM lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Interesting 2x converter for LTM lenses Reply with quote

I picked this up today, I think he saw me coming. I suspect its not as rare as the seller made out, but its an interesting piece anyway.

Its a TK-2д 2x teleconverter for LTM rangefinder lenses. I don't recognise the maker's logo. Its also on the clear plastic bubble.
Look at the photos first.

The adapter has a very protruding front element making it useless for the Jupiter 8 or others (I-26 etc.) but it fits nicely inside the barrel of my Elmar and Industar 21 or Industar 50. and of course the longer lenses.

It has rangefinder coupling but unfortunately it will not work with all my Leica lenses because the coupling mechanism on some has a slightly smaller diameter than the Russian lenses. And my Canon 135 will not couple at all because it has a 'tongue' rather than a ring to couple with the rangefinder.. I can use the Canon on my Sonys with the adapter but not unfortunately my rangefinder cameras. The bugger is that the lenses with the 'tab' bind on the barrel of the converter and stop it reaching infinity. Yes I could file it, but should I?

Looking at the RF coupling on the last photo (above) it would seem that it may be adjustable, but with almost no information on the net I don't know how.

With the Elmar 50 f3.5 attached and the focusing tab stopping it reaching infinity. You can see the RF coupling almost out to its full extent.

With my lovely Canon 135 f3.5 attached. Such a compact package!

Image with Canon 135 lens. at f5.6

Now with TC and crop (crop with auto adjust) at f5.6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made by Tochpribor.
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interesting piece, performance looks very good too!

they must be quite rare, price of the linked ebay offer therefore is a bit dear, while M42 tele converters are readily available for much less. That makes me curious:
Even though their flange distance being very different, how about simply changing both mounts of an x2 M42 tele converter to M39? could that work?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

changing mounts on a TC wont work if the register distance is different. Anyway you wont get the RF coupling.
I saw this ad but didnt read past the starting price. I paid well under that from a dealer.

It appears to match the Industar 50 (LTM versiom) exactly in style. The company appears to be an industrial optics manufacturer, not one of the regular camera/lens factories.

Thanks calvin83 for the heads up. Tochpribor have their own web page

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
changing mounts on a TC wont work if the register distance is different. Anyway you wont get the RF coupling.
I saw this ad but didnt read past the starting price. I paid well under that from a dealer.

thank you for that Phil. I wouldn't need the RF coupling though, just for use on mirrorless cams.
btw. Komura also made a x2 teleconverter in M39

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen it compared to the Komura and the general opinion is that this TC is much better. It certainly seems so looking at my images. Oh, the lens was set at 5.6 on all images.

I'm happy with this, I dont expect I will use it too much with the Leica but I will do an Industar 50&TK-2D vs 90mm Elmar test on my NEX.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, ok, good to know. The Komura Telemore for M42 has a very good reputation, I have it and can confirm. That made me think that the M39 could be very good too, but I have never read critics of it or comparisons to others