Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtländer pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Voigtländer pictures Reply with quote

I found a few pictures taken with the Voigtländer Vitoret in 1964-65. I've scanned the positives (the only copies I keep) and I'd like to compare them with the ones I'm going to shot with the same camera 42 years after.

I'll keep posting scans here, and afterwards the new shots.

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool idea Jes. Can you go back to some of the same shoots and do them again. It would be interesting for example if this door was still there but with more vegetation or a new window next to it. Or maybe now it is a Starbucks Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Cool idea Jes. Can you go back to some of the same shoots and do them again. It would be interesting for example if this door was still there but with more vegetation or a new window next to it. Or maybe now it is a Starbucks Crying or Very sad

I thought about it. This picture was taken at La Granja de Torrehermosa, some 1200 Km far from here, I can recall that day because the picture. It's a bit far from here now, but if the opportunity arises, I would bring the camera with me to shot the same image again... Although the Starbucks idea scares me a lot... Smile

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a Starbucks?
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio
As an Italian you really don't want to know. Una cafeteria senza cafe corretto...

Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Orio
As an Italian you really don't want to know. Una cafeteria senza cafe corretto...
Smile Smile
patrickh

Ah, I see! Very Happy
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio - They're spreading like a plague through Canterbury (along with their competitors)...

Jes - great idea!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Una cafeteria senza cafe corretto...

Laughing Laughing Well it depends how you see it. But it's definitely:

...senza caffé mite. Laughing (Hope that's right... Embarassed )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caff? corretto is the coffee with the addition of a liquor. A habit that I personally don't like, and surely not used by the real coffee connaisseurs.

Caff? mite does not exist - what do you mean by it, Carsten?

Here's a quick list of names if you are interested.

Caff? espresso : the one made in the bars with the machine - it is rarely called this way, because all bars make coffee this way, so it's usually asked for with just "un caff?" (a coffee). Some ones (especially old people) may say instead "un espresso". Never the two words together.

Caff? moka : the one made with the Mocca machine, it is only home made, no bars make it

Caff? amaro : with no sugar

Caff? corretto : with liquor inside

Caff? macchiato : with some (little) milk inside. The proportion must be not more than 1/4 milk and 3/4 coffee. When you have more (like half and half, or even more milk than coffee), you have "caffelatte"

Cappuccino: it is basically a caffelatte with added vapour milk cream and sometimes chocolate powder over it when people asks for it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Voigtländer pictures Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
I found a few pictures taken with the Voigtländer Vitoret in 1964-65. I've scanned the positives (the only copies I keep) and I'd like to compare them with the ones I'm going to shot with the same camera 42 years after.
I'll keep posting scans here, and afterwards the new shots.

What a great idea, Jes!

The Vitoret was my first camera in the late 1960s. Basic camera with a 50/2.8 single coated triplet "Color Lanthar" lens and a Prontor shutter going up to 1/125sec. No rangefinder, no lightmeter. I took some great pictures with it on the newly launched Ilford FP4 film. The camera, the (self-developed) negatives and my first attempts at B&W printing should be somewhere around my parents' house attic. I have to dig out this stuff on my next trip to France.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
What is a Starbucks?
-

Bucks (dollars) that are stars (just kidding Very Happy ) or some sort of McDonalds http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starbucks