Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtländer 75mm F 2.5 SL
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:

However, 75mm f/2.5 has M39 coupling. So, it it able to be used on the my screw Leica. Not the 75mm f/1.8.

So, the choice is little complicate for me. Confused

Not for me. I would never change my 75/2.5 to the 75/1.8. It's really an excellent lens and due to the M39 mount very versatile, additionally quite small and pocketable.

BTW, it's clearly and definitely an ULTRON 6/5 design and nothing else. A classical double gauss would be 6/4.

My thread with several example pictures is here: http://forum.mflenses.com/voigtlander-color-heliar-75mm-f2-5-m39-ltm-t72616.html

Also on my A7R II 42MP FF camera this lens is a top performer with excellent and very soft bokeh, irrespective of any test charts from an old NEX camera.

Definitely a keeper.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:

BTW, it's clearly and definitely an ULTRON 6/5 design and nothing else. A classical double gauss would be 6/4.

Ultron is nothing more then well the developed "doubble gauss" But 75/1.8 has relation to the well developed triplets.

However, as I did more search, it looks, like it had been copied rather from Leicas Hector:

Which is evidently the well developed Heliar formula. From the "triplet" origin.

Really I have tons of "doubble gauss" portrait lenses. So, for me to obtain 75/2.5 wouldn't be something especial addition to my collection.

But the "Heliar" type - well. And the Hector - even more. Because I really have some Heliars (like the Konica AR 100/4.0) for example. And even several original one - from prewar Voigtlander cameras. However uncoated.

Well.. To the certain point I even am tempted to take both. Tuzki with lens Laugh 1

Last edited by LittleAlex on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Heliar Classic 75 1.8 and I think it's superb. As I've used it over the past two years, my appreciation of it has grown.

I've read it's a modern recreation of the old 73mm Leica Hektor f/1.9, but I can't really speak to that.

I don't doubt the 75mm Heliar 2.5 is excellent. It's got many die hard supporters around here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:

I don't doubt the 75mm Heliar 2.5 is excellent. It's got many die hard supporters around here.

At the present time I extensively search an information concerning both lenses. And there I discovered the following opinion:

Cons: Nothing to say. Boring perfection.
Pros: Sharp images, all the stuff is good. Everything clean and highly predictable. No distortion, lightweight, resonably fat, goof flare resistance, good contrast, very good sharpness including corners at full aperture, etc. Works flawlessly on all film and digital leicas.
Summary: This is a very good lens, but... I don't like it. It is sharp, balanced, nice coulours, nice contrast, nice bokeh, nothing to criticise, but it lacks character. Maybe too perfect and boring.

https://www.lenstip.com/696-Voigtlander_Color_Heliar_75_mm_f_2.5-lens_specifications.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
tb_a wrote:

Ultron is nothing more then well the developed "doubble gauss" But 75/1.8 has relation to the well developed triplets.

However, as I did more search, it looks, like it had been copied rather from Leicas Hector:

Which is evidently the well developed Heliar formula. From the "triplet" origin.

Really I have tons of "doubble gauss" portrait lenses. So, for me to obtain 75/2.5 wouldn't be something especial addition to my collection.

But the "Heliar" type - well. And the Hector - even more. Because I really have some Heliars (like the Konica AR 100/4.0) for example. And even several original one - from prewar Voigtlander cameras. However uncoated.

Well.. To the certain point I even am tempted to take both. Tuzki with lens Laugh 1

Generally Cosina is using the old Names from Voigtländer BUT without using the related constructions; i.e. a CV Ultron isn't neccessarily an Ultron design. Same is true for Heliar and all others.
The names are nothing else than a marketing name. Like Zeiss is using "Planar" irrespective of lens construction.

This is the correct lens construction schema of the CV 75/2.5, nothing else than an Ultron as originally invented by A.W. Tronnier for Voigtländer/Braunschweig in the early 1950's.

However, I have no idea about the newer F1.8 version and how it compares in comparison hence I was never interested to buy it.

BTW, I would never ever change an Ultron to a simple 6/4 double gauss construction. These lenses arent't comparable at all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your choice is very easy buy a new Leica Laugh 1
anyhow, your pictures are so good, that it doesn´t matter which lens design stands behind them
I have the 2.5 75mm LTM as well, don ´t use either Nikon or LTM mount, I prefer for Leica the 2.0 75mm Leica lens and for Nikon the 1.4 85mm Nikkor and my ZF Zeiss 1.4 85mm
What I´ve seen the CV 1.4 75mm is a really good lens.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

56 DIN wrote:
I think your choice is very easy buy a new Leica .

Well... I really have already Bessa T for the practical purposes. So - the screw Leica for me is rather collectible item.

56 DIN wrote:
is a really good lens.

At the present situation I rather am looking not for the good, but for the especial lens. The good ones I have enough in my storages. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end I decided to stay with the especial lens, rather then with the simply good one. Tuzki with lens

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone willing to sell? Searching for Voigtlander 75mm, 90mm, 125 and 180 SL - first Version with Nikon mount Smile