Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar - Kiron 2/24mm Be Careful!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
I guess strange kind of soft glass (just this particular element - 3rd or 4th from the back). Vinegar acid 5% eat it badly in half an hour.

The surface closest to the aperture diaphragm?

You had an optics store make a replacement element???
1: Details please. I've never found an inexpensive source for making elements, I'm wondering how they got the curvature for that surface?
Did they cast a mold using the original lens so as to make a lap?
2: pics please, I'm curious how good it is.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Pancolart wrote:
I guess strange kind of soft glass (just this particular element - 3rd or 4th from the back). Vinegar acid 5% eat it badly in half an hour.

The surface closest to the aperture diaphragm?

You had an optics store make a replacement element???
1: Details please. I've never found an inexpensive source for making elements, I'm wondering how they got the curvature for that surface?
Did they cast a mold using the original lens so as to make a lap?
2: pics please, I'm curious how good it is.

Well can't remember the details, this was 11 years ago. But i had ordered few replacement glass elements at www.hartlauer.at which had subsidiary in Slovenia at the time. No more, sadly. Any good optician can "made" them, but price and quality varies. Curvature and results are not such an issue but element thickness is. If lens design allows you to incorporate thicker glass then one can play around.