Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

GAS struck again; Nikon D600
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:35 am    Post subject: GAS struck again; Nikon D600 Reply with quote

After using the D3200 for a short while I realised I really wanted another FF camera but from the Nikon stable.
The D600 has been out around ten years and there are many low shutter count used ones out there, so I picked one up this evening.
It should arrive next week, and I'll see how my Ai lenses get on with it.

For this one I may get into buying an AF-S lens for it, as both the D3200 and the D600 will work with it, but overall I'm determined to use the pair of Nikons as mostly manual lens takers.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle Congrats there are some really fine cameras for low price these days!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will probably like it a lot.

I would "work up" with it lens wise at first- just to get a feel for what the camera and sensor are capable of.
A good normal lens like the 50 f2 would be a good place to start, and be a bit more fair to the camera than a zoom, or long telephoto.

After the D-810, I can't really see myself going back to APSC/DX.
I still get jarred at times with what the D-810 can do with my stable of 50 mm lenses...
Congrats on the new to you camera! Mr. Green
Hope it all works out well for you.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day I've had a guy selling the 810 for 600€ looked like new ,about 80k shots never video , just thought how prices are going down in cameras lately ,but not that much on certain lenses .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, please keep us updated regarding your new D600. Just recently I've been thinking about getting one myself.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF Nikon kit completed. Not bothering with AF lenses for this, as I have a drawerful of Tamron SPs and the Canon 5Dii has got several AF lenses now, so don't need it for this.
Finally got my hands on a Metz 45 CL-4 Digital potato masher for reasonable money. Ironically, I'd already picked up the adaptor and cable when I saw it as NOS @ B&H. Damned if the gun didn't come with them anyway. Oh well, nothing wrong with having spares.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Dave, please keep us updated regarding your new D600. Just recently I've been thinking about getting one myself.

So far I'm pretty happy with it, but as the weather's been inclement, haven't really been out with it much. True testing will be happening from Spring onwards.