Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Guess all UK sales are now plus VAT
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Zealand has a 15% GST that ebay adds to shipments with that destination. Prior to the advent of Covid, I was using a reshipper called mailbox.de in Germany for my ebay shipments. They would subtract the 20% VAT for Eu purchases, before then adding the 15% GST for the NZ government, meaning that I generally got a small rebate which helped offset against the postage.

Once Covid hit, they were unable to ship to this part of the world cheaply, so I stopped using them. I haven't checked lately as to whether shipping services have resumed. It may be worth checking this company as they are one of the few to automatically refund the EU VAT to the buyer before levying any other taxes required by the destination state.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
alex ph wrote:
It seems that the tax protocol was defined a bit beforehand the final act. Here is on of the questions brought by EU FAQ and directly related to the topic:

"I want to import a second hand car from the UK after 1 January 2021. Will I have to undergo customs clearance and pay taxes?

Goods imported directly from Northern Ireland will not be subject to taxes and customs formalities, in line with the Protocol on Ireland and Northern Ireland. Goods imported into the EU from GB after 1 January 2021 will be subject to VAT and customs formalities, like goods imported from any other third country. These formalities apply whether or not the goods are second hand".

Here is some more info illustrating the import of second hand cars.

So the question is when trading platforms and national customs start thoroughly applying the new regulation?

I wonder if this will be an opportunity for some enterprising people in N Ireland to become 'brokers' between the EU and the UK ? Question Question

This was the biggest problem of Brexit. Northern Ireland as a big leaky hole in the European customs wall. So now there is a customs wall between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess "some enterprising people" already do more lucrative smuggler activities than shipping vintage lenses.