Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SHOW US YOUR CAMERAS!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Sadly my mint silver FT-1 has dead electronics.

Have you opened the top cover? Often problem is flat cable insulations which are easy to fix.

Well I did that and cleaned the copper tracks on three FT1's and it made no difference and in the viewfinder on my FS-1 sometimes the diodes light up and sometimes not, I would advise anyone if they want a Konica "F" range camera to get from a very reliable source and even then there is no gaurantee you won't have problems in the future. IMO this range is a crappy design. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Today I got another nice Nikon SLR which I had striven for since years.

Here it is Wink

To my complete surprise, Nikon for the upper cover has been using the same plastic material that Minolta had been using for its X-700. While the Nikon FA certainly has top specs (first matrix light metering, 1/4000s top speed, 1/250s synch speed), it's outer shell doesn't feel as rugged as the Nikon FE/FE2, FM/FM2 or Minolta XD!

S

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I included my Digital Nikons because all of my Nikkors, from 8mm fisheye to 600mm telephoto are manual focus AI or AIS so for all intents and purposes, they are digital Nikon F2's. Notice all the Nikons all have the 50mm f/1.4 AIS mounted.

[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Whoo Turtle Tuzki with lens

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't added much to this collection in years - but still love to pick them up and dry-shoot them.

Not shown: My Leica M4P; my M-mount lenses are used with a TechArt Pro AF adapter on my Sony FF bodies. Also shoot my Nikon AiS lenses with that AF adapter.

The only digital shown: My first, an Olympus C-2100UZ.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MelSnyder wrote:
Haven't added much to this collection in years - but still love to pick them up and dry-shoot them.

Whoo- hoo! That's the way to do it Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MelSnyder wrote:
Not shown: My Leica M4P; my M-mount lenses are used with a TechArt Pro AF adapter on my Sony FF bodies. Also shoot my Nikon AiS lenses with that AF adapter.

No Nikon F2 Photomic? Shocked
How is that possible? Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the new F-1 again, but this time with a few nice lenses Wink

The new F-1 (as well as the three lenses) are in a remarkably good shape. The only exception is the (formerly) white "F-1" engraving: It's color was removed, obviously in an attempt not to attract thieves when on holidays in a foreign country ... at least that's what the former owner told me Wink

S

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MelSnyder wrote:

The only digital shown: My first, an Olympus C-2100UZ.

Will you adopt me and put me in your will? I am 62 and an orphan. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonAIS wrote:

Will you adopt me and put me in your will? I am 62 and an orphan. Very Happy[/quote]

No you're not. I know your brother. I am though. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some years ago I got this slightly unusual Contax S from a Swiss collector. The camera is a rather early sample of the Contax S; it's unusual because of its accessory shoe and its early (somehow experimental) shutter mechanism.
The camera as well as the lenses were serviced completely by Olbricht in Görlitz.

The two Biotars (2/5.8 cm and 1.5/7.5cm) are classics as well. The 2/5.8 came together with the camera, the 1.5/7.5 cm was bought in eastern Germany.

Stephan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the next iteration - the "Contax D". Not only a "D" has been added to the pentaprism housing, but also the ominous "VEB" ("Volkseigener Betrieb" = "workshop owned by the people"). Zeiss now is under control of both the Soviet as well as the German communists. The lenses, a Tessar 2.8/50mm (on the camera) and a Biotar 2/58mm as well as a Flektogon 2.8/35mm have a new styling, but still the excellent finish of the earlier Zeiss lenses. During the mid-1950s VEB Zeiss was probably at its best, producing cameras such as the Contax D and developing even more sophisticated lenses including the first usable retrofocus superwides. What a pity that not much later the innovative Zeiss would become sluggish or even inert in many respects - even thought there were ingenious people all the way until the end of the "German Democratic Republic", trying to keep things running with very little means.

Zeiss cameras and lenses both from the WWII and the early communist time frame are readily available in Switzerland. During WWII, the Nazi regime was as eager as later on the communist party to get foreign currency, and neighboring Switzerland was easy to supply. Only the raise of Japanese cameras in the 1960s did end this. Nikon, for instance, did have its European headquarter for a very long time here in Zurich ...

S

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another war time German SLR, the Praktiflex. Quite a simple construction, the Praktiflex nevertheless was an important step in the SLR history. This camera, equipped with an uncoated Schneider Xenon 1:2 f=5cm, was for sale for several weeks before I decided to get it. The war time missing finish (partly missing chromium plating) looks a bit strange, but it is telling the story of the shortcomings of war.

Stephan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here's yet another war time German jewel, the Contax III with a rare civilan coated wartime Sonnar 1.5/5cm:

The camera was bought in 2010 from a well know Swiss camera dealer, albeit in a non-working state. I sent the camera overseas to Henry Scherer (www.zeisscamera.com) who carefully dismantled and restored the Contax. According to him, this Contax has a quite unique experimental (non-standard) shutter mechanism which was difficult to repair.

The LTM Sonnar 1.5/5cm shown is a war time coated civilan lens as well - rather rare, of course. These lenses were exported from Germany to the neutral countries such as Switzerland and Sweden, to get foreign currency of course ...

Stephan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax SV, Auto-Takumar 55mm f/2.2 lens.

Pentax SV par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC Pentax "K" 35mm f/2 lens on a K2DMD.

K35 f/2 (1) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax K

Pentax K par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mamiya NC1000 and NC1000S are two very similar "no-frills" SLRs from the late 1970s. After the failed Mamiya XTL/X1000 with their Mamiya ES bayonet, the NC1000 was the fourth (!) bayonet mount introduced by Mamiya for their 35mm SLRs. The NC1000 series certainly was more successful than the XTL, but it never became as successful as the major players like Canon, Minolta, Nikon or Pentax. The lens serial numbers I have here do indicate that at least 140'000 normal lenses were made - not bad compared to e. g. the Canon F-1 with roughly 200'000 sold cameras over eight years, or the Minolta SLR with very roughly 500'000 sold per model (the SR-T being the exception with 3'000'000 sold).

Mamiya NC1000 with Sekor CS 1.7/50mm, and Mamyia NC1000S with Sekor CS 1.4/50mm. Lenses: Sekor CS 2.8/21mm, 2.8/28mm, 3.5/50mm Macro, 2.8/135mm, 3.5/200mm, and 4/300mm.

All these lenses as well as the cameras themselves are beautifully machined, small, and lightweight: The NC1000S with CS 1.4/50mm is a mere 715g, the CS 4/300mm weighs just 785g, and the 2.8/21mm only 230g.

The NC1000 looks very clean and somehow puristic; since both the shutter speed and film sensitivity are selected on a large dial at the lens mount, the upper shell of the body has just the shutter release button, the film advance lever and the rewind knob.

The back side looks equally clean, especially with the NC1000 (left):

If you can get one of these cameras (they can be VERY cheap sometimes), get one, especially if the beautiful Sekor CS 1.4/50mm is attached. The corresponding CS 2.8/28mm, a very good lens, is easy to get, and so is the 2.8/135mm. The CS 2.8/35mm, the CS 3.5/200mm and the CS 3.8/80-200mm are a it harded to find, but usually not very expensive (about 50.-- CHF/USD/EUR). A bit more scarce are the CS 3.5/50mm Macro and the CS 4/300mm, and really hard to find are the CS 2.8/21mm, the CS 3.5/45-90mm and finally the 3.5/14mm Fisheye. There was an abundant CS 1.7/50mm of course, and an interesting CS 2/50mm which I've never ever seen for sale. That's all you can get - even thogh the small "f1.2" marking in the viewfinder indicates that a 1.2/55mm or 1.2/50mm had been planned as well ...

S

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:

If you can get one of these cameras (they can be VERY cheap sometimes), get one, especially if the beautiful Sekor CS 1.4/50mm is attached.

like here?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-3-Vintage-Cameras-Flashes-Mamiya-NC100-Polaroid-340-Land-Kodak-Cameo/254512002325

edit: ok I'm not sure, just read the description
"removable zoom Kalimar haze lens"
edit edit: Kalimar is the filter, don't know where "zoom" comes from?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

womble wrote:
Pentax K

Ooh! S'verrry nice Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new toy. Damn I sold my Nikkors including 105/2.5 when my wife skipped the D3200.