Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Geels ommetje
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Geels ommetje Reply with quote

Pictures taken during a photographic walk in a nearby area. The landscape is typical for the region where I live: sandy, infertile soil with mostly shrubs and small trees, but very green during the Spring. All photographs taken with you-know-which-Tamron-lens and a Nikon D80. More pictures on my zenfolio website.

1. Desert forest

2. Natural curves

3. Triple Arc

4. Claimed in the name of productivity

5. Panorama (8 handheld shots)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series fotomachi
my favorite is the panorama shot with the lake

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too, like the panorama. I suppose the area that's been cleared for farming is heavily fertilised now, if the soil is poor.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I suppose the area that's been cleared for farming is heavily fertilised now, if the soil is poor.

The soil is poor but the area is still very wet - Belgium sees quite some rain... Not much of the original vegetation is left. When the French invaded the region in the late 18th century, they started to plant pine trees, which later were used for the now defunct coal mines. Since a few years, the pine tree forests are either chopped down completely or thinned out in an attempt to restore the original landscape. You can read about the region on wikipedia or read/watch pictures from a well-known natural park in the north of the country. But even after the heavy fertilization, the soil remains very soft and powdery.