Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya-Sekor 1.8/55 on K-10D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Mamiya-Sekor 1.8/55 on K-10D Reply with quote

Nearly all at full aperture - one image at f4.
Azaleas and Spring shoots.
Some cropping - no other PP
OH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more from this lens.
Again wide open at f1.8
OH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the mamiya colors,they are nice little lenses,I have the Auto Mamiya/Sekor M42 versions.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I do like the mamiya colors,they are nice little lenses,I have the Auto Mamiya/Sekor M42 versions.

Same Mo.
Great glass
OH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this lens is the same lens as the Auto Yashinon 1.8/5.5cm. Very good demonstration of the Austrian style!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
I believe this lens is the same lens as the Auto Yashinon 1.8/5.5cm. Very good demonstration of the Austrian style!

You crack me up Calvin. Very Happy
Thank you for the kind words.
If it is the same as the Auto Yashinon 1.8/5.5cm then I am intrigued by its parentage.
I am thinking that neither Mamiya nor Yashica is the manufacturer
OH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the style,lovely lens. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

You crack me up Calvin. Very Happy
Thank you for the kind words.
If it is the same as the Auto Yashinon 1.8/5.5cm then I am intrigued by its parentage.
I am thinking that neither Mamiya nor Yashica is the manufacturer
OH

Probably made or designed by Tomoika but I am not sure. Here is a old thread on this lens http://forum.mflenses.com/mamiya-sekor-yashinon-huh-t30375.html .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
I believe this lens is the same lens as the Auto Yashinon 1.8/5.5cm.

it also looks a bit like my Edixar 1.8/55.. especialy the flare and the bubbely highlights on some pictures.

http://forum.mflenses.com/edixar-1-8-55-on-sony-a7-t68217.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are at least 3 versions of this lens:
1. Almost the same as Yashika 55/1.8, just different colors of the finish. Obviously made by Yashika/Tomioka.
2. Black and chrome version, looks like optically identical to the previous version
3. Black version - there are some differences in build like a wider retaining ring of the rear element and A/M switch. Most chances the optic is not the same.