Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Triotar 135/4..A nice surprise..!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Triotar 135/4..A nice surprise..! Reply with quote

I finally found a Triotar a week ago, and today it arrived Very Happy

Very used but in good condition.

This is what it looks like on Sony A700.

I know this is the oldest lens I have, but is it possible to find out how old this copy is?

One more surprise, this lens is better than I expected Smile Pictures straight from camera, only minor adjustment made in Raw.

PP has been made on this one.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's made incredible blue eyes! Nice captures! I love your daughter portrait and horse capture the best.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the newest version of Triotar - probably it was made around 1955. Very nice looking lens! But... I'm still looking for older chrome version Smile
Nice photos, I particularly like the portrait of the horse (what an interesting bokeh!) and the blue of girl's eyes (but they're probably slightly out of focus).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very nice - these old triplets generally perform well with attractive character.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

straight into my whish list ... oh, it's already there Laughing

Great captures neighbor!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Henrik to get in the triotar club
nice series, nice portrait

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does the red T mean? Mine doesn't have it Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red T means it has T coating. Carl Zeiss Jena issued lenses with T coating and without that. T coated lenses are more valuable and better generally, but not in every case. I have an Olympic Sonnar 180 with T and without that. My best copy has NO T mark Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Triotar very much. It really has "character and personality". Together with my Pancolar it´s getting my standard-lens.

Here are some recent easter-photos with the Triotar (except "memento mori", which is photographed with the Pancolar): http://www.pixelforum.net/thread.php?threadid=2984

By the way: my copy of the Triotar looks the same as yours and is made of aluminium too, but has no "T".

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples Retro! Thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THX! Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lovely old lens with very surprising results. You'll start a run on Triotars now, same as Maxim did for the Trioplan.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
What a lovely old lens with very surprising results. You'll start a run on Triotars now, same as Maxim did for the Trioplan.

Exactly! Both lenses are great, with their own personality Smile Both are the triplets closed in beautiful alu tubes. I love this kind of design, but I'm dreaming about older, chrome version of Triotar.
By the way - blue coating of my Trioplan looks similar like the Zeiss T coating Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for comments.

It´s funny how old lenses can fascinate. Every time I get one, I start looking for a older model. I would love to own a pre war lens.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:
It´s funny how old lenses can fascinate. Every time I get one, I start looking for a older model. I would love to own a pre war lens.

The M42 mount was introduced in 1947 so all pre-war lenses have to be remounted -- well, M39 Leica lenses can be used for macro shots with a suitable adapter. However, medium format lenses longer than 100mm are rather easy to remount, you just attach them to a short macro extension tube to facilitate mounting on a bellows. If you don't want to extract the lens from some old camera, the best source for relatively cheap separate lenses is the UK ebay, www.ebay.co.uk, Photography/Vintage Lenses.

Veijo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I get a similar performance from the trotar 3.5 on my Rolleicord I'll be very happy!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the picture of the reeds in the water - quite sharp with accurate colours. The others seem out of focus (or maybe camera-shake?) and have a distinct yellow cast on my screen. Did you do any PP?