Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios-40 hybrid
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Helios-40 hybrid Reply with quote

Looks like a mix between 40-1 and 40-2 Shocked

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios-40 hybrid Reply with quote

Fotal wrote:
Looks like a mix between 40-1 and 40-2 Shocked

It is, it says so in the text. It also seems to me that the 40-1 part has a M39-to-M42 adapter ring.

Veijo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenses are came from window Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye Gods, how much? For that dog of a bastardised thing? What a bloody cheek!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an interesting hybrid! In my opinion this lens looks nice and has individual style Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks funny Laughing

There is an opinion that in old "white" Helios-40 lenses were better Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I see is that the tripod mount is fixed. A rotating tripod mount is a main advantage of the 40-2 (and some of the later 40s). Cool hybrid though

~Marc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really interesting! Perhaps two broken lenses amalgamated into one working copy...
I like these kind of custom lenses a lot!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind it being a repair out of expediency, but to ask that sort of money for it is a bad joke. Ok, it's worth what somebody will pay for it; but that shouldn't exceed 50bucks. It is, after all, a bodge of the most horrible kind, not a custom.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxim wrote:
What an interesting hybrid! In my opinion this lens looks nice and has individual style Smile

hehe, pimp my lens!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fotal wrote:
pimp my lens!
Laughing