Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any experiece with Tamron Adaptall 28mm F2.5?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Any experiece with Tamron Adaptall 28mm F2.5? Reply with quote

Impulse buy. $69 with a PKA adapater. I figure the PKA adapter is worth that much by itself. No idea about this lens, anyone has it and has an opinion? Is it not worth keeping? I already have a Vivitar 28mm 2.0 (not close focusing). If there is nothing special, I will probably just resale it.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has mixed report here , I didn't like it much , other member did like it. May copy variant issue or I had worst camera.

Last edited by Attila on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay, not the best but not the worst.

My 28 seems to be okay, but you get chromatic aberration near the edges. Depends what you take as to how noticeable it is.
Sharpness is not too bad either.

I've had mine since the early eighties and it's still fun.

Ken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kendo1 wrote:
It's okay, not the best but not the worst.

My 28 seems to be okay, but you get chromatic aberration near the edges. Depends what you take as to how noticeable it is.
Sharpness is not too bad either.

I've had mine since the early eighties and it's still fun.

Ken

Is this on the full frame?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, someone doesn't, but anyway I'm quite sure it's well worth that money.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one and I like it, but my experience with 28's is a bit short...
Compared with my Nikkor-H 2.8cm it has better extreme corners performance on film and is smaller, faster and it has MFD of 25cm. However it flames a bit and has some geometric distortion.

But as you said, probably the adapter worth almost that much.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my samples, note that my lens has little scratch at front optic
http://ihyaahsani.blogspot.com/2011/12/tamron-adaptall-2825.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
my samples, note that my lens has little scratch at front optic
http://ihyaahsani.blogspot.com/2011/12/tamron-adaptall-2825.html

Fantastic images. Although I am sure it is the photographer, not the lens, made these images great and memorable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some samples with Sony NEX-5N

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nukemall wrote:
Some samples with Sony NEX-5N

Ever practical, I see the Russian Navy mounted an available T-34 turret on that patrol boat. I've never seen that before.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's small armored river boat, project 1125, over the 1934-1944 years built 154 units, early ones(1934-1941) equipped with T-28/T-35 main turrets.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you can't afford the lenses from well known camera makers, i.e. Konica, Canon. Nikon, Olympus etc....many (not all) of the independent lenses are a good 2nd. And IMO the best way to test\compare old lenses is on a film camera using the same film Wink
My Tamron 28mm f2.8 (which is practically the same as the f2.5 but was the version before) is ok but the Canon FDn 28mm gave better results as I noticed this once when shooting the same scene (not at the same time but same light conditions), the Canon was a bit sharper and gave more pop.
Anyway Nukemall copy looks very good..... congrats.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have owned and used the Tamron 28 f/2.8 in the past, but the images were nowhere near as good as the samples shown above from the 2.5 version. They were in fact very disappointing.
I found the 2.8 version to be soft around the edges at nearly every aperture, and it lacked contrast.
The f/2.5 is a quantum leap ahead of it as far as I can see.
It receives mixed reviews here:
http://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/tamron-adaptall-2-28mm-f-2-5-02b.html

Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
I have owned and used the Tamron 28 f/2.8 in the past, but the images were nowhere near as good as the samples shown above from the 2.5 version. They were in fact very disappointing.
I found the 2.8 version to be soft around the edges at nearly every aperture, and it lacked contrast.

Cheers
OH

Oh well... all confusing:-

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/old-lens/cw28.htm

http://www.adaptall-2.org/lenses/02B.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Any experiece with Tamron Adaptall 28mm F2.5? Reply with quote

drjs wrote:
Impulse buy. $69 with a PKA adapater. I figure the PKA adapter is worth that much by itself. No idea about this lens, anyone has it and has an opinion? Is it not worth keeping? I already have a Vivitar 28mm 2.0 (not close focusing). If there is nothing special, I will probably just resale it.

Try it, and see how it performs for you.
There is often variation in quality among old lenses, and you may have acquired a good one. Don't let other folks experiences influence your own judgement.
It would be of interest to all who read these forums to see how it performs for you, so a posting would be valued and appreciated.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Any experiece with Tamron Adaptall 28mm F2.5? Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
drjs wrote:

Try it, and see how it performs for you.
There is often variation in quality among old lenses, and you may have acquired a good one. Don't let other folks experiences influence your own judgement.
It would be of interest to all who read these forums to see how it performs for you, so a posting would be valued and appreciated.
Cheers
OH

It is being delivered to me tonight. I will shoot some resolution charts and post them. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thread about a lens and you learn about Russian boats ant tank turrets Smile lol Love this forum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same lens - the one i have sold to Suat. I think it was pretty decent one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reply to your question, full frame on a Contax and cropped on a D200.
It worked well on the Contax, probably just me trying to get used to it on the D200.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nurkov wrote:
thread about a lens and you learn about Russian boats ant tank turrets Smile lol Love this forum

Ditto.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one for a short while but sold it because I found it mediocre. The PKA mount is worth the price paid.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Cheers
OH

After your comments I dug out some test shots with my Tamron 28mm f2.8 and would say it's a good lens and if the f2.5 version is a quantum leap ahead..... the results must be amazing;-

Tamron 28mm f2.8 on a film camera

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

Cheers
OH

After your comments I dug out some test shots with my Tamron 28mm f2.8 and would say it's a good lens and if the f2.5 version is a quantum leap ahead..... the results must be amazing;-

You certainly got a good one.
Mine was a lemon I think - a Friday afternoon special.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got a chance to test mine. Glows a bit and low resolution at F/2.5. Performance become very adequate at F/4 and pretty decent by F/5.6. A fairly small lens and color seem to be very saturated. Focus fairly close and I had a bit trouble getting the focus right on. Nothing special but not a bad walk around lens for crop sensor.

#4 F/5.6