Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica FXd from worn leather to this (new clothes)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Yashica FXd from worn leather to this (new clothes) Reply with quote

Well here is what the Yashica FX3 looked like that i purchased a while back for the lens, I decided to restore it i had some carbon 3m vinyl and cut it to size here is the effort looks good in the flesh IMHO

So does that look better?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah.......... Cool

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better - raises the question of how many makers would have put a carbon effect on back then if it was available. Probably all of them, but they didn't, so that makes it quite unusual.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it very much , congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, a fine work!
Did you cut the new cover by yourself?.

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito yes i did i pulles the old ones off carefully laid them on top of the sheets used a modelers blade to cut and applied

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Jesito yes i did i pulles the old ones off carefully laid them on top of the sheets used a modelers blade to cut and applied

Then, double congratulations, you did a perfect job! Wink

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one of these on Friday, all black version with 42-75 ML lens.
Whilst the lens is mint the body cover looks very similar to yours prior to refinishing. It's a terrible faux leather that just decomposes and gets sticky with time.
What is the material you used? Is it sticky plastic? Any url's for it?
Thanks to your post I'm inspired to have a go myself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRadman as you are in the UK, its 3m carbon fibre cover if you want some drop me a pm and will put some in the post i have some spare

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you put gold coating on metal parts or is it just different color ballance of my monitor? nice work:)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just different colour ballance first one had flash on but second was just electric light the carbon looked bad under flash