Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lovely rendering from the Olympus OM 100 2.8. What car?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Lovely rendering from the Olympus OM 100 2.8. What car? Reply with quote

Hi!

I've been really liking the Olympus OM 100 2.8 recently. It's small and light, handles nicely, has good color rendition and absolutely seamless focal drop-off. Here's a shot I took sometime this week. I did a little bit of color-related post-processing to it, then resizing. But no cropping.

Extra credit: what car (make, model, year) is pictured here?

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a mid 60's Vette rag-top to me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, '63 to '67, but not enough showing for me to narrow down further.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another photo, same car. Straight out of the camera, no post-processing other than resizing for this web site:

Olympus OM-D E-M5 // Olympus OM 100 2.8 // ISO 200 f5.6 1/250s

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still could be anywhere between '63 and '67, they didn't change the tail lights at all, which is kinda odd for Chevy back then.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll concur.

Regardless of the year, I want it... stunning cars. I would love to put a honking great twin-turbo V8 in there.

I don't think my wallet would like the Bill for that though, or the bill to run it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

427, injected, & 6 speed would do it for me. Smile
I can smell the rubber burning now.Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on guys. the high rear arches give it away. Money on a 67ish Stingray Razz

I'd have an e-type, Toyota 2000GT, or if i wanted a rocket ship car.. mazda cosmo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Cosmo before i got a string way tho Razz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems it could be anything between '63 and '67, but I will guess '64. Later cars were more likely to have one of the lights as a clear lens for back up light, but not always. '67 had back up lights elsewhere, so could be that too. Just too difficult to tell. Here's a tidbit of trivia for you... '63-'67 were Sting Ray; '69 and after were Stingray; and '68 was neither.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
come on guys. the high rear arches give it away. Money on a 67ish Stingray Razz

I'd have an e-type, Toyota 2000GT, or if i wanted a rocket ship car.. mazda cosmo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Cosmo before i got a string way tho Razz

I had an E-Type up until a few years ago. Had I only known you wanted one Wink
http://www.pbase.com/mdlempert/myjag

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, during the mid-70s oil crisis, it looked like big-engined cars in the UK were dinosaurs and plenty were being sold for peanuts.
I actually turned down a nice solid E-type for £150, and a year later a very clean Jensen Interceptor for £400 (that needed an autobox build, which I was capable of doing).

Ah, if only I'd seen into the crystal ball.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Hah, during the mid-70s oil crisis, it looked like big-engined cars in the UK were dinosaurs and plenty were being sold for peanuts.
I actually turned down a nice solid E-type for £150, and a year later a very clean Jensen Interceptor for £400 (that needed an autobox build, which I was capable of doing).

Ah, if only I'd seen into the crystal ball.

pity you didn't buy them, you could have sold them now and have additional funds for lenses Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Here are the only other photos I have of this car. It sounds like they may not be enough to fully identify it.

Straight out of the camera, no post-processing other than resizing for this web site:

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tail lights of American cars often had the year on them, but I cannot read what is on those lights and if they're replacement lights, may not have the date.