Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

looking for a good URL for silica gel
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: looking for a good URL for silica gel Reply with quote

I would like to buy some silica gel bags to protect some lens
but as there are lot of sellers on ebay, i would like some advices

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.yourlocalshoeshop.lol

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or Auchan they sell humidity removal from room , I do use them and store lenses in big plastic boxes, to keep away dust, allow to get light and humidity removal keep humidity low as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.oryourlocallaboratoryequipmentshoporchemicalseller.lol should be cheapest if you have one Wink
Mine is selling a very large pack (a few liters; maybe 1-2kg don't remember) of high quality orange silica gel pearls for 12€

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask sellers of leather goods - handbags, purses etc if they have any bags. The manufacturers put dozens in a box of leather goods which are thrown away at the retail end of the distribution chain.

PM me perhaps I can send you some. I have a source.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As has been mentioned on here - there are new types of kitty litter now which contain silica gel - find the makers in your area and on their website they'll be promoting the new type; for example, Sepicat sell their products in Ireland, and they make a silica gel litter, which I wiil ask my local stockist to get for me.
http://www.sepicat.es/eng/sepicat_pearls.php

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
As has been mentioned on here - there are new types of kitty litter now which contain silica gel - find the makers in your area and on their website they'll be promoting the new type; for example, Sepicat sell their products in Ireland, and they make a silica gel litter, which I wiil ask my local stockist to get for me.
http://www.sepicat.es/eng/sepicat_pearls.php

Agreed. Here is a link to the precise post from this past August:

http://forum.mflenses.com/silica-gel-against-fungus-t51987.html#1255588

I've now gone through about half of my four pound container (four pounds is roughly 10% less than 2kg). I use this stuff for everything I want to keep dry. And at the cheap price, it is possible to use lots of silica gel in each (home made) packet.

I didn't follow up strongly on that earlier, August, post out of concern for crystal kitty litter unavailability abroad. But with other participants here paying a fortune for silica gel on eBay and elsewhere, I'm glad the topic has come up again. I hope folks in other countries are able now easily to buy this product. It is a wonderful product. And I've never owned a kitty! Very Happy

ETA

I probably should mention that the crystal kitty litter I use does not "contain" silica gel. It actually is 100% pure silica gel. I would be very hesitant to use, in close proximity to my lenses, any kitty litter which is otherwise constituted. I would worry ingredients other than silica gel itself might damage my lenses.