Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carnival_Day 1_Angenieux Apo 180mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Carnival_Day 1_Angenieux Apo 180mm Reply with quote

Hi,
Some pictures from the carnival in my town Zwolle! The weather was quite bad the first part of the day and much better at the end, I guess you can see the light difference between the first pictures and the last one's....
All shots with the Angenieux Apo 2.3/180mm, all wide open (except #4,12,15,17 and 18 @f4), all straight from the cam without any PP....It was the first time I use this lens outside and I must say I'm just amazed with the results, especially regarding the colours rendering and this lens is incredible sharp, indeed I see no difference between f2.3 and f4!!! Without any doubt the best lens I never had Very Happy .....
I have hundreds of pictures so quite difficult to make a selection, hope it's not too much for one post....: (click on pictures for much better and higher resolution Wink )
1/

2/

3/

4/

5/

6/

7/

8/

9/

crop 100%:

10/ These one is my fav and probably my best shot from many years!

11/

12/

13/

14/

15/

16/ bokey test, quite creamy!

17/

18/

19/

20/

Thats's it for Day 1 and hope you enjoy Very Happy

and here is the second part of the carnaval (in Wijchen) if you are not too bored with carnaval shots Rolling Eyes :
http://forum.mflenses.com/some-more-carnival-shots-and-t36982.html

Last edited by pich900 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series! I appreciate your police in #11 #19 #20 Wink
want to get arrested! Laughing
Waiting for more in next day.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, we have the same impulses...

Fun set, looks like a really fun time to be had

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series! impressive focus at 180mm
I would also like to see more of the police team Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the rockers and the "heaven's angel". Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens and nice presentation! #4 for me, perfect 3D and focus.

Is possible to share some samples in full resolution?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok it seems to be a "general" request so I will take a look if I can find an other one from "our" police team Very Happy ......but I was there with my girl friend so it was a little bit "delicate" to ask the members of the police team to pose only for myself Rolling Eyes ....... Very Happy
@BRunner
well, on the forum, I gues it's "only" possible to upload til 1600 px and with max 300Kb or not?......

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an other @ f2.3 (from the police team Very Happy ), with high resolution (click on the vignette for full resolution 4256x2832px), image also straight from the cam converted from raw to jpg...:

and the #4 @ f/4:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very nice Pascal. The 3D rendering is superb. Thanks for sharing.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rolf Very Happy ...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Here is an other @ f2.3 (from the police team Very Happy ), with high resolution (click on the vignette for full resolution 4256x2832px), image also straight from the cam converted from raw to jpg...:

Thank you Pascal for the hi-res samples. They confirm that Angenieux is remarkable lens. One of the lenses you stop down only because of more DOF. True APO, some CA can be seen but for 180mm lens at f2.3 and on high resolution 5DmkII it's negligible.... "I want one too!!!" Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRunner wrote:
Thank you Pascal for the hi-res samples. They confirm that Angenieux is remarkable lens. One of the lenses you stop down only because of more DOF. True APO, some CA can be seen but for 180mm lens at f2.3 and on high resolution 5DmkII it's negligible.... "I want one too!!!" Wink

You'll welcome Wink
Actually, it's the first time that I must decrease the saturation with a lens wide open (it was the case on the second serie made under the sun...)! And yes, there are sometimes a little bit CA but really with extreme situation so not really an issue on my taste. This lens is also very compact and quite light so easy to use hands handle...the minimal focus point of 1,80m is also great for portrait, it handles equally with bad or sunny weather, and is also quite resistant against Flare (see the shot #14 on the second serie)...Until now I don’t see any weak point from this lens, except of course, his price on the secondhand market which is unbelievable too high (especially on e-bay!)...Just last thing about the price (because I know probabbly some MF members are thinking that this lens is only reserved for "rich" collectors!), I bought mine 600€ fdpin in mint condition included both original caps and soft pouch. Yes, it’s still be expensive and it's definitively not a “budget” lens, but it’s for sure the best 600€ I never spend for a lens.....

Anyway, good luck with your search!

and if you want to see more shots with this lens but this time under the sun, then you can take a look here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/some-more-carnival-shots-and-t36982.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pascal, I finally took the time to review your shots. You know I hate Carnival, but... the shots are pretty much remarkable. Very sharp in the plane of focus, yet it has a creamy bokeh. Wonderful! Unfortunately I had to click on all of them to see them unresized, for instance this one looks much better than the resized one above:

Having said that: you certainly have a good eye for detail and know how to focus Smile

I'd love to see the lens in person... Will contact you shortly!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Peter for your nice word ....
I have resized all the pictures because I thought it would be easier to scroll up due to the amount of pictures in this thread.....may be too much pictures indeed!
Anyway, I will bring the lens when I will come to borrow your Istds Rolling Eyes ....and I have an adapter Nikon/Canon so you could also try it on your 5D if you want Wink ..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
...Until now I don’t see any weak point from this lens, except of course, his price on the secondhand market which is unbelievable too high (especially on e-bay!)...Just last thing about the price (because I know probabbly some MF members are thinking that this lens is only reserved for "rich" collectors!), I bought mine 600€ fdpin in mint condition included both original caps and soft pouch. Yes, it’s still be expensive and it's definitively not a “budget” lens, but it’s for sure the best 600€ I never spend for a lens.....
Anyway, good luck with your search!

For 600€ it's bargain, my APO-TELYT costs me almost the same. If you would feel bored with this lens, I will buy it for this price Wink

The eBay prices are comparable to APO-Elmarit 2.8/180...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRunner wrote:
[For 600€ it's bargain.....

I know and that's (one of) the reason why I bought this lens.....

BRunner wrote:
If you would feel bored with this lens, I will buy it for this price Wink

Thanks for your proposal but I guess you already know my answer Laughing

BRunner wrote:
The eBay prices are comparable to APO-Elmarit 2.8/180...

That's ridiculously too expensive.....e-bay must be definitively avoid for this lens Evil or Very Mad ......

And I don't think the Angenieux is a better performer than your apo telyt Wink ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine for 300 Eur in 2009 Wink
http://forum.mflenses.com/leitz-apo-telyt-r-3-4-180-t17996,highlight,%2Btelyt.html
_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic images!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Martin.....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am tempted to ask if you have applied any curves adjustment in these photos.
If this is how they came out of the camera in bad weather, they are quite impressive!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nkanellopoulos wrote:
I am tempted to ask if you have applied any curves adjustment in these photos.
If this is how they came out of the camera in bad weather, they are quite impressive!

I guess you are right, # 1 and may be #12 (not sure anymore!) had a slight curves adjustment but all the others are straight from the cam (raw converted in jpg and resized for the web)....

Omar wrote:
Lovely series and a stunning lens. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Omar Very Happy ...