Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F/0.95
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: New Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F/0.95 Reply with quote

New Voigtlander Micro Four Thirds lens announced the 17.5mm 0.95 Nokton

http://mainlinephoto.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/new-voigtlander-micro-four-thirds-lens-announced-the-17-5mm-0-95-nokton/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was quite unexpected.... I guess it'd be close to a 35/1.4 or 35/1.8 on full frame. Very could.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
That was quite unexpected.... I guess it'd be close to a 35/1.4 or 35/1.8 on full frame. Very could.

In FOV but not in speed. It's still 0.95 in speed.

Quote:

Technische Daten Nokton 0,95/17,5 mm aspherical MFT
Brennweite 17,5 mm (35 mm entspr. Kleinbild)
Anschluss MFT (MicroFourThirds)
Größte Blende 0,95
Kleinste Blende 16
Optischer Aufbau 13 Elemente in 9 Gruppen
Bildwinkel 64,6°
Blendenlamellen 10
Kürzeste Entfernungseinstellung 0,15 m
Makrobereich 1:4,0
Max. Durchmesser 63,4 mm
Länge 80 mm
Gewicht 540 g (ohne Sonnenblende)
Filtergröße 58 mm
Farbe schwarz
Sonstiges Rastblende ausschaltbar; Sonnenblende mit zweitem Deckel
Preis Euro 1.299 (UVP)

http://photoscala.de/Artikel/Voigtlaender-Nokton-095175-mm-aspherical-MFT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man o man, do I wish they would release someyhing like this for Nex! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hood wrote:

It would become immense heavy I'm affraid, I have the smaller Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 and that one is a beast already compared to other MFT-lenses and the Nex-lenses aren't that compact, imagine.

I love the Voigtländer releases for MFT!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amusing the way they have styled it to look like an old 50s/60s preset.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabian wrote:
Hood wrote:

It would become immense heavy I'm affraid, I have the smaller Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 and that one is a beast already compared to other MFT-lenses and the Nex-lenses aren't that compact, imagine.

I love the Voigtländer releases for MFT!

Considering I love shooting heavy old glass I do not get the lens size/weight argument that many have with Nex...
Then again I bought mine for the.sensor and short flange.distance. Not just that it's compact
Hell my favourite 2 old zooms weigh in easily at over 800gms...Now that gets heavy. Haha Very Happy

Excuse my phone gramma/spelling.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say I find it ironic that Cosina have become the maker of some of the finest lenses in the world. Who would have thought that 10 or 20 years ago?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hood wrote:

+100

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Hood wrote:

+100

You can mount micro 4/3 lenses on NEX with adapter.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/754598-REG/Voigtlander_BA305A_Nokton_25mm_f_0_95_Lens.html

On back order in US for $1199.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

The NEX sensor is larger, would M4/3 lenses cover it?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I must say I find it ironic that Cosina have become the maker of some of the finest lenses in the world. Who would have thought that 10 or 20 years ago?

I'd wouldn't go as far as to call this irony. Cosina made some very fine optics in the past. Maybe if the Great Wall Plastic Factory that produced the Diana camera was making lenses for zeiss and voigtlander these days, I'd say that was ironic. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:

If not, you can crop and I think Cosina is smart enough to make lens what is easy to port to another systems.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/754598-REG/Voigtlander_BA305A_Nokton_25mm_f_0_95_Lens.html

You did see that's the 25mm and not the 17.5mm?

Anyway:
http://www.43rumors.com/bhphoto-sells-the-nokton-25mm-f0-95-for-815-europeans-now-can-fly-to-nyc-almost-for-free/

The 25mm went up in price quite a lot, coming from $815. Would it be because of the 17.5mm-release?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:

+1 Wink

The 25 0.95 is already vignetting visibly on the MFT sensor (nearly 2 f-stops difference to the center wide and but becomes invisible around F2). I guess the newer one won't be much better. I don't believe that it's possible to get lucky with these lenses on an NEX Sad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabian wrote:
bhargav wrote:

Anyway:
http://www.43rumors.com/bhphoto-sells-the-nokton-25mm-f0-95-for-815-europeans-now-can-fly-to-nyc-almost-for-free/

The 25mm went up in price quite a lot, coming from $815. Would it be because of the 17.5mm-release?

I actually didn't Embarassed

So I guess NEX is not as popular as M43 then.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
Fabian wrote:
bhargav wrote:

Anyway:

No I guess that it's much easier and cheaper to make lenses for a 2x crop sensor.

And another reason is that there are no good lenses with such a angle and thin dof avaible for MFT, except the el-cheapo SLR-Magic lenses, which are not very good. For NEX are more lenses avaiable in that range (for example Voigtländer Nokton 35mm F1.2 with Leica M Mount). But there's no equivalent to the new 17mm as far as I know.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Quote:

I'd wouldn't go as far as to call this irony. Cosina made some very fine optics in the past. Maybe if the Great Wall Plastic Factory that produced the Diana camera was making lenses for zeiss and voigtlander these days, I'd say that was ironic. Very Happy

Well here in the UK Cosina was considered to be a very low end brand, but just above the DDR brands (Praktica/Pentacon/CZJ/Meyer) with Russian at the bottom. Now people are paying almost £1000 for Cosina lenses and hundreds of pounds for old DDR lenses that sometimes you couldn't give away 15 years ago...!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hood wrote:

They just have!...The very same lens can be used on the NEX vis a M4/3rds E mount adapter Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ForenSeil"]
bhargav wrote:
Fabian wrote:
bhargav wrote:

Anyway:

Dont you believe it!...There are practically just as many lens options for the NEX as there are for M4/3rds. E-mount adapters are cheap and easily available for most mounts...For instance, Canon EF mount, Konica AR mount, Pentax K mount, Leica M mount, Leica R mount, Canon FL/FD mounts, M42 mount, M39 mount, Minolta MC/MD mounts, Minolta AF A-mount, Nikon mount (Even G and AFS models), Contax G mount, Contax C/Y mount, Pentax 110 mount, Olympus OM mount, Exacta/Topcon mount, 16mm C mount, Rollei MF, Sony Alpha A mount, T2 mount, and even Micro 4/3rds mount...There are probably more that I dont know about. And the M4/3rds E mount adapter will allow this new 25mm 0.95mm to be used on the NEX too. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
Hood wrote:

They just have!...The very same lens can be used on the NEX vis a M4/3rds E mount adapter Wink

the image circle won't cover aps-c sensor.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:

Dont you believe it!...There are practically just as many lens options for the NEX as there are for M4/3rds. E-mount adapters are cheap and easily available for most mounts...For instance, Canon EF mount, Konica AR mount, Pentax K mount, Leica M mount, Leica R mount, Canon FL/FD mounts, M42 mount, M39 mount, Minolta MC/MD mounts, Minolta AF A-mount, Nikon mount (Even G and AFS models), Contax G mount, Contax C/Y mount, Pentax 110 mount, Olympus OM mount, Exacta/Topcon mount, 16mm C mount, Rollei MF, Sony Alpha A mount, T2 mount, and even Micro 4/3rds mount...There are probably more that I dont know about. And the M4/3rds E mount adapter will allow this new 25mm 0.95mm to be used on the NEX too. Wink

You can mount the lens on the Nex, however it won't cover the sensor.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogolisk wrote:
DSG wrote:

The NEX sensor may be APSc size but it has a far shorter registration distance than when the same sensor is used in a DSLR like the A77, so it can use lenses with short reg distances that produce much smaller image circles, like rangefinder lenses...and thats the important bit.
Here is a thread showing samples from an NEX fitted with a C-mount 35mm f1.7 CCTV lens, which has a reg distance of only 17.53mm, and note how there is no vignetting...So its obviously covering the whole of the NEX sensor!: Wink

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1042&message=40624207

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
bogolisk wrote:
DSG wrote:

The NEX sensor may be APSc size but it has a far shorter registration distance than when the same sensor is used in a DSLR like the A77, so it can use lenses with short reg distances that produce much smaller image circles, like rangefinder lenses...and thats the important bit.
Here is a thread showing samples from an NEX fitted with a C-mount 35mm f1.7 CCTV lens, which has a reg distance of only 17.53mm, and note how there is no vignetting...So its obviously covering the whole of the NEX sensor!: Wink

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1042&message=40624207

The Cosina 25/0.95 is also a M43 lens. Although it can be physically mounted on a Sony Nex camera, it will vignette like hell. Here is a picture taken with this lens mounted on a Nex:

Credit: http://suwenchee.blogspot.com/2011/03/voigtlander-25mm-f095-for-sony-nex-e.html

I am willing to bet that the new 17.5mm lens will have an even tighter coverage, as it is a shorter focal length. So, no, it will not be usable on a Sony Nex.

By the way, here is the lens in all its glory, mounted on an Olympus OM-D (if there are people still wondering what will be their next camera):

That hurts! Wink

Cheers!

Abbazz