Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F/0.95
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked congrats and thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Shocked congrats and thank you!

Thank you Attila, but unfortunately this is not mine -- although I wish it were!!!

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
bogolisk wrote:
DSG wrote:

Dont you believe it!...There are practically just as many lens options for the NEX as there are for M4/3rds. E-mount adapters are cheap and easily available for most mounts...For instance, Canon EF mount, Konica AR mount, Pentax K mount, Leica M mount, Leica R mount, Canon FL/FD mounts, M42 mount, M39 mount, Minolta MC/MD mounts, Minolta AF A-mount, Nikon mount (Even G and AFS models), Contax G mount, Contax C/Y mount, Pentax 110 mount, Olympus OM mount, Exacta/Topcon mount, 16mm C mount, Rollei MF, Sony Alpha A mount, T2 mount, and even Micro 4/3rds mount...There are probably more that I dont know about. And the M4/3rds E mount adapter will allow this new 25mm 0.95mm to be used on the NEX too. Wink

You can mount the lens on the Nex, however it won't cover the sensor.

The NEX sensor may be APSc size but it has a far shorter registration distance than when the same sensor is used in a DSLR like the A77, so it can use lenses with short reg distances that produce much smaller image circles, like rangefinder lenses...and thats the important bit.
Here is a thread showing samples from an NEX fitted with a C-mount 35mm f1.7 CCTV lens, which has a reg distance of only 17.53mm, and note how there is no vignetting...So its obviously covering the whole of the NEX sensor!: Wink

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1042&message=40624207

We're talking about the 17.5mm f/0.95 micro-4/3 lens. And it won't cover the NEX sensor. I don't understand why you list the C-mount 35mm f/1.7 as the proof that the 17.5mm f/0.95 micro-4/3 lens will cover the NEX sensor! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! beautiful combo!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogolisk wrote:
DSG wrote:
bogolisk wrote:
DSG wrote:

Dont you believe it!...There are practically just as many lens options for the NEX as there are for M4/3rds. E-mount adapters are cheap and easily available for most mounts...For instance, Canon EF mount, Konica AR mount, Pentax K mount, Leica M mount, Leica R mount, Canon FL/FD mounts, M42 mount, M39 mount, Minolta MC/MD mounts, Minolta AF A-mount, Nikon mount (Even G and AFS models), Contax G mount, Contax C/Y mount, Pentax 110 mount, Olympus OM mount, Exacta/Topcon mount, 16mm C mount, Rollei MF, Sony Alpha A mount, T2 mount, and even Micro 4/3rds mount...There are probably more that I dont know about. And the M4/3rds E mount adapter will allow this new 25mm 0.95mm to be used on the NEX too. Wink

You can mount the lens on the Nex, however it won't cover the sensor.

The NEX sensor may be APSc size but it has a far shorter registration distance than when the same sensor is used in a DSLR like the A77, so it can use lenses with short reg distances that produce much smaller image circles, like rangefinder lenses...and thats the important bit.
Here is a thread showing samples from an NEX fitted with a C-mount 35mm f1.7 CCTV lens, which has a reg distance of only 17.53mm, and note how there is no vignetting...So its obviously covering the whole of the NEX sensor!: Wink

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1042&message=40624207

We're talking about the 17.5mm f/0.95 micro-4/3 lens. And it won't cover the NEX sensor. I don't understand why you list the C-mount 35mm f/1.7 as the proof that the 17.5mm f/0.95 micro-4/3 lens will cover the NEX sensor! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Very simple, because the registration distance of M4/3rds is 19.2mm and the registration distance of C-mount lenses is only 17.53mm...If a C-mount lens, like the 35mm f1.7 CCTV lens, can obviousy fit on an NEX without vignetting, then so should any M4/3rds lens be able to do so too Wink
So the fact the 17.5mm f0.95 M4/3rds lens in question "vignettes like crazy" on an NEX is probably far more likely to be a problem with the M4/3rds-E mount adapter used being slightly too deep. A thinner adapter WOULD solve the problem. Of course, converting the lens to E mount would do so too but I'm sure you agree that modding your adapter is probably going to be an easier option. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
So the fact the 17.5mm f0.95 M4/3rds lens in question "vignettes like crazy" on an NEX is probably far more likely to be a problem with the M4/3rds-E mount adapter used being slightly too deep. A thinner adapter WOULD solve the problem.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:
DSG wrote:
So the fact the 17.5mm f0.95 M4/3rds lens in question "vignettes like crazy" on an NEX is probably far more likely to be a problem with the M4/3rds-E mount adapter used being slightly too deep. A thinner adapter WOULD solve the problem.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Cheers!

Abbazz

Yes Sebastien.... (where's the wringing hands emoticon?)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogolisk wrote:
rawhead wrote:
That was quite unexpected.... I guess it'd be close to a 35/1.4 or 35/1.8 on full frame. Very could.

In FOV but not in speed. It's still 0.95 in speed.

In image results. Speed can be compensated by higher ISO on the larger cameras. At least, that's the lens equivalence theory.