Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WTB: Decent *Inexpensive* Wide Angle in M42/Nikkor C/Y Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: WTB: Decent *Inexpensive* Wide Angle in M42/Nikkor C/Y Mount Reply with quote

I've been searching for a decent wide angle on the cheap with little success. I had decided on the Yashica ML 28/2.8 but missed a few on ebay, now there are no cheap ones.

I am trying to stay around $50 but could maybe go $100 for something really nice.
I know, I know I should spend more but I can't right now..

I'll be using it on a Canon 30D, would like it to have some decent close focus ability.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want a 24mm or 28mm primes?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you interested in Nikkor 28mm/3.5?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the 28mm Kiron C/Y on sale right now in the marketplace Exclamation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83, yes- or if a miracle happens, 20mm.

death (catchy name!) I had a Nikkor 28mm/3.5 that had awful CA, so I am leery. The one I had was not AI (older).

I've never owned third party brands. Are they good?

Thanks for your help guys.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kram,
if it's the Yashica ML 28 that you want, I can help you with that - I don't use mine.
Let me know if I can help you with that one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 24mm primes, you may consider sigma super-wide II 2.8/24.

The lens can focus down to 18cm (1:4).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kram wrote:
calvin83, yes- or if a miracle happens, 20mm.

You could consider the Vivitar 19/3.8 which is fairly good on a crop body. Available in most of the usual mounts.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kram wrote:
I had a Nikkor 28mm/3.5 that had awful CA, so I am leery. The one I had was not AI (older).

Ai and AIS 28/3.5 are significantly better than non-Ai versions. I have the "K" version as well as the AIS one, and there's no comparison in corner sharpness between them.