Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone buy UG from KEH?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Anyone buy UG from KEH? Reply with quote

I've bought BGN grade equipment from KEH, and have always been impressed with its condition. I'm considering an UG lens from them, but am a bit wary of what I might get. Has anyone here every bought an UG grade lens from KEH? Thanks,

--Geoff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ug = ugly and well, yes that is (at least a guy who works there told me. BUT KEH grades are at least one grade better than anywhere else, so you might be surprised...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Nikkor 200/4 was an UG from KEH. It was a $49 deal if I remember correctly. I can pass it for "MINT" in eBay Very Happy . The only reason it was UG is because the felt liing inside the built in hood was a little tattered (beats me how it hampers the performance of the lens) and the little hole on the built in hood had some scratches around it Confused

Just go for it... but email to them inquiring about the glass in case of a lens. Rolling Eyes

Best of Luck !!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be wary since it says the glass can be scratched and contain fungus.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkbslc wrote:
I would be wary since it says the glass can be scratched and contain fungus.

Well technically YES. But I dont want to misguide Geoff. Maybe my case was one off.

Check this http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=917636

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an UG Mamiya prism for $8 - it's perfectly usable, just needs a bit of re-silvering in one small part, which I'll get around to eventually, if ever.
My Graflex View II was an UG too, but apart from some paint loss on the standards, it's fine.
On both these items the gamble was worth taking, compared to the cost of pristine bits.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a what they call bargain camera form their ebay shop, cause the keh.com site doesn't respond here from months now , it can't load the page. Anyway the item was stated as 80% of new, and honestly apart the paint loss on the bottom of the camera, there are no dings or whatsoever.