Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wanted: a dozen Pakon 1.8mm glassless slide mounts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Wanted: a dozen Pakon 1.8mm glassless slide mounts Reply with quote

It must have happened to every transparency film user: I was cataloging and mounting some transparencies returned from my publisher, so I grabbed a bag of slide mounts, and end up twelve mounts short.

These are Pakon mounts but not the usual thin white ones, btu somewhat thicker at 1.8mm. It has white main body and the back is a separate black piece, into which the transparency is slid in from either end. At the white front you can see four black rivets, and when held to make horizontal disposition, the top left and bottom right corners are chamferred. Most are marked with the Pakon name but some identical ones are unmarked.

I wonder if my fellow members have some to spare, thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay tuned, folks. Next week we'll have another fascinating post from "Camera World, 1965".

I know the ones you mean, they used to be dead common, but I haven't seen any for years, unfortunately. I suppose, like most of this kind of thing, we're now dependent on old stock found somewhere.
I can see that I might have to keep an eye open on market stalls and bootsales for old slide collections in amongt the general junk, just to reclaim the mounts from them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I do as well, explains why I have many different types of slide mounts, even regular QuickPoint I have different colour ones!