Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can This Be Right?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Can This Be Right? Reply with quote

I was thinking about buying a Pancolar 1.8/50 and had a trawl through ePay to see what was on offer - surely this one is vastly overpriced? Or is there something special about the serial number that I'm missing out on?

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please edit your post and how to post right ebay item.

Seller doesn't show the rare part of lens, Pentacon Super lens has two aperture sticks. Pentacon Super is a rare pro camera, priced highly, it came out with 1.4/55 mm Pancolar. This price is for that or even high for 1.4/55 lens too. This lens is not different in IQ from any other Pancolars. Worth to take it around 50 USD Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens, beside being pretty common, also shows some aperture problems to my eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Please edit your post and how to post right ebay item.

Seller doesn't show the rare part of lens, Pentacon Super lens has two aperture sticks. Pentacon Super is a rare pro camera, priced highly, it came out with 1.4/55 mm Pancolar. This price is for that or even high for 1.4/55 lens too. This lens is not different in IQ from any other Pancolars. Worth to take it around 50 USD Wink

Thanks for the confirmation Attila - I have no intention of bidding for that lens, I was just curious as to its rarity or not!

On the editing thing - I don't know what else to do? The item appears when I click through the link - originally I followed the 'Insert URL' instructions, but that turned into a real mess...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
That lens, beside being pretty common, also shows some aperture problems to my eyes.

Agreed - the blades look pretty wrecked, even to my novice eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ebay]160078401019[/ebay]

Please copy only from item number from Ebay page.

Mark it and press Ebay button or Ebay.de if item come from there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Click here to see on Ebay

Please copy only from item number from Ebay page.

Mark it and press Ebay button or Ebay.de if item come from there.

Gotcha - and apologies Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a thread about this seller. He was trying to sell a Fujica ST701 body only for 200.00 + USD.

It would be a good idea to drop this seller a note and let him know what you think. Also mention this site.

I already did this about 5 days ago. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to publish his answer Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Don't forget to publish his answer Laughing Laughing

He never replied... Confused

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
I posted a thread about this seller. He was trying to sell a Fujica ST701 body only for 200.00 + USD.

It would be a good idea to drop this seller a note and let him know what you think. Also mention this site.

Didn't see your thread about him, but may contact him with a few gentle words.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
spiralcity wrote:

Didn't see your thread about him, but may contact him with a few gentle words.

Here's the link to the thread.

http://forum.mflenses.com/some-ebay-sellers-dont-have-a-clue-t13405.html

Leave him a note and let him know we are watching him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
Here's the link to the thread.

http://forum.mflenses.com/some-ebay-sellers-dont-have-a-clue-t13405.html

Leave him a note and let him know we are watching him.

What a guy, what an optimist Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's the message I just sent him through eBay...

"Hi there,

Can you please enlighten me as to the asking price for this lens?

Is it a rare serial number?

Is it the finish that makes it so expensive?

I only ask because me and some of my friends at http://forum.mflenses.com have noticed your auction and are curious as to where you acquired your guide price from. Similar lenses are fetching in the region of €80.00 maximum at the moment, and these lenses would come with original packaging and receipts.

With best regards and kind regards,

Mal"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Okay, here's the message I just sent him through eBay...

"Hi there,

Can you please enlighten me as to the asking price for this lens?

Is it a rare serial number?

Is it the finish that makes it so expensive?

I only ask because me and some of my friends at http://forum.mflenses.com have noticed your auction and are curious as to where you acquired your guide price from. Similar lenses are fetching in the region of €80.00 maximum at the moment, and these lenses would come with original packaging and receipts.

With best regards and kind regards,

Mal"

You were rather nice about it. I laughed at him and told him he didnt have a clue, maybe thats why he never responded? Shocked Confused Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
You were rather nice about it. I laughed at him and told him he didnt have a clue, maybe thats why he never responded? Shocked Confused Very Happy

Ah Grasshopper, subtlety is sometimes everything...here's his reply.

Sometimes, you just gotta laugh Cool

Dear,

I price my items, at a price i am willing to take for an items, i am a collector, with an est, 2700 items, i place about 1% on ebay, if they sale, they sale, if they do not sale, then i do what i got them for, iset around looking at them, ps: guides are for those who need enlighten,

ugcsr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
spiralcity wrote:

Ah Grasshopper, subtlety is sometimes everything...here's his reply.

Sometimes, you just gotta laugh Cool

Dear,

I price my items, at a price i am willing to take for an items, i am a collector, with an est, 2700 items, i place about 1% on ebay, if they sale, they sale, if they do not sale, then i do what i got them for, iset around looking at them, ps: guides are for those who need enlighten,

ugcsr

He hasent made a sale in quite some time. I guess he dont care. He's waiting for a sucker to grab his bait.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked him if the price was so high because the lens might have a history; to which he replied - "Buy it and find out."
I replied, "Do you think I'm an idiot?"

What a chancer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing