Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anachronism
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Anachronism Reply with quote

Here it is

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And very symmetrical!
I like it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic photograph!!! Powerful forces... Anachronism is a fascinating title. Me being silly might say something like "Anacronyism" Laughing, but I don't want to be impolite -- this is a seriously great photo imho! On subject matter alone. The technical quality is great, although I hear somebody in the background calling for a tilt lens. Wink There's always that person...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the composition very much. But I would call it "juxtaposition." 'Anachronism' is a subjective term and focuses attention on the church, but the skyscraper is also an interesting structure. The photograph is obviously a great example of juxtaposition, which is more of an objective term anyway. Just my 0.02.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciated your comments guys!

@Minolfan - juuust a few bits missing in order to be symmetrical Very Happy

@visualopsins - I have always with me the 35/2.8 Canon TS but this time no tripod. Even with tripod would've been too wide, narrow street, trees in front of the church.

@cooltouch - Michael, as usual it's a matter of taste.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a truly fine photograph!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jussi!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
@visualopsins - I have always with me the 35/2.8 Canon TS but this time no tripod. Even with tripod would've been too wide, narrow street, trees in front of the church.

Ladder, lift, helecopter? Laughing I think of photographers with huge box cameras, on top of a tall spindly ladder, or suspended from a crane, photographing main street parade.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shot!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a nice idea, the contrast, I like doing things like this
However I would probably try to improve it along the lines of making the cross more visible and the whole compo less symmetric. Maybe from another angle

These are all matters of taste of course, and I don't claim to be artsy, I have eve less clue about composition than Ken

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done composition!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb shot really!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
Very much appreciated!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Anachronism Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Here it is

Well seen and executed! I like the play of the tops of the church and the tops on the building behind

"Top" class Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Anachronism Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Here it is

Well seen and executed! I like the play of the tops of the church and the tops on the building behind

"Top" class Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Hari!
It could be a different view. An anathema cast by the church toward the new.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Temple of <some> overshadowed by the Temple of Mammon.
I like it. Mammon has cleaner windows.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
The Temple of <some> overshadowed by the Temple of Mammon.
I like it. Mammon has cleaner windows.

Thanks for passing by Dave!
Meself a bit puzzled:I had/have the tendency to associate the first one with Mammon.
Only because the first one has cleaner windows from where I`m standing Very Happy