Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Purple mountains' majesty"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: "Purple mountains' majesty" Reply with quote

Hi!

Here are some of northern California's ridges and valleys with mist, taken in the late afternoon. This photo is a good example of how sharpness isn't always the most important thing, but composition always matters. This was taken from about 25k feet above ridge-top level (5 mi / 8 km), through two layers of airplane plexiglass. Some post-processing for appropriate color, 10% crop, resizing for this website. Enjoy!

Olympus OM-D E-M5, Konica AR 50/1.4 at about f8

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two thoughts come to mind - beautiful colours and simple composition. Simply beautiful! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely. K.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good, get it in a frame !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the title I thought this was going to be a thread about Tamron and CA/purple fringeing.
Nice shot though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be published, in some photography magazine, or any quality one for that matter. Kudos - wonderful!

When I checked out the NEX and OM-D at B&H the other day, I much preferred the feel of the OM-D. Olympus really did a good job there

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome DOF love this one!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

DigiChromeEd, womble, Lloydy, Farside, Nesster and Jon E: many thanks for your kind words.

This was a grab shot. I saw it out the window, convinced my family to move their heads out of the way for a little while so I could shoot it, then I shot. I took 3 photos over a period of about 15 seconds, and this was the best of them.

Cheers!

PS: I am really loving the E-M5.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a japanese wall size of your photo.
Beautiful.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam straight. Sharpness Shmarpness!!!

Lovely Photo. Very Happy

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice capture!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: "Purple mountains' majesty" Reply with quote

glasslover wrote:
This photo is a good example of how sharpness isn't always the most important thing, but composition always matters.

+1 that's a great shot.