Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

look what I got today, 57/1,2 sample added
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: look what I got today, 57/1,2 sample added Reply with quote

I visited my friend, he show me this lens. glass has little fungus but no fog or haze, body excellent.
Too bad it doesn't has mount. the owner open the mount then he forgot where is it now.
I'm offered to take this lens. How much should I pay? and if the mount is missing, any chance to adapt?

here's the shot when I tried on NEX, hold by hand, no mount

Attila really should be blame for this konica fever Rolling Eyes

ohh.. Thanks for any comment/suggestion

Last edited by IAZA on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: look what I got today Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
Too bad it doesn't has mount. the owner open the mount then he forgot where is it now.

What? Shocked That is stupid, isn't it? With such a lens?? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it happened long time ago, before mirrorless cam appear. he tried to converted in EOS, but then he realized it won't achive infinity.
He opened many lenses. I even laughed when he showed me various mount to match this lens, he still looking for the mount now... (yeah stupid for him, but it will be bargain price for me Very Happy)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats.
any mount? use a mount from a tube or a defect TC, and drill some new holes?
original is better of course.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how expensive or rare is the lens and if it's common or not.
But let's imagine it's a rare lens and quite expensive: I would surely buy it
and have a lab add a common mount such as M42 that can be adapted
to almost any camera.
Of course the lens will have to be collimated to infinity for the new mount.
If you do that, you might be able to fetch a good price from your friend,
due to missing mount, and after lab has added new mount, you can have
a precious lens that you can also resell easily because M42 would be much
more marketable than Konica bayonnette.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to 150 EUR it's bargain.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should not be very expensive to have the mount replaced.
So if your price is right ... you can send it to me and can send it back when it is ready.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens value in Mint condition around 400-500 USD and pretty hard to find it. Nice example why not to convert , bucher lenses. Damn it how many people want to have this lens, sad to see this mount less one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: look what I got today Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
I visited my friend, he show me this lens. glass has little fungus but no fog or haze, body excellent.
I'm offered to take this lens. How much should I pay? and if the mount is missing, any chance to adapt?

here's the shot when I tried on NEX, hold by hand, no mount

Attila really should be blame for this konica fever Rolling Eyes

ohh.. Thanks for any comment/suggestion

It's a great lens and worth some effort to make usable again.
Konica offered a 60mm f1.2 LTM lens that some suppose was the evolution of this lens.
The 60 1.2 is is very, very expensive and rare and an amazing 1/2 performer and.

1. At wide open it is low in contrast yet still sharp on focus with dreamy atmosphere and nice bokeh.
2. Stopped down he performs very much like a modern DG. Sharp, High contrast and great resolution.

You will find the same performance from this Konica 57mm.
I hope you get it up and going. One idea may be to have it converted to LTM with a follower cam.
There are a few guys doing this now with Nikkor f1.2 lenses.
You can then use the lens on a Rangefinder full frame (full frame is where you will really have the full character of this lens).
Also you could use it on Mirrorless cameras.

Best of luck!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think an expert can adopt it at least to NEX, I have same lens, rare valuable , don't pay much for it due it will not kept value due conversion. I rate it to same level than Nikon 1.2 AIS.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news everyone Very Happy
my friend found the mount. it went to repairman now. Thanks Stefan for offering, but we have good repairman too here Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a lens without mount is ideal for conversion, because it is no longer a collector item.
I think USD 150 would be a great price. Probably even more. I think it would be hard to sell such a lens with fungus and without mount for more than USD 200 at ebay.THere are not many tinkerer that search such a lens in this condition.

Read you news with the found mount: That could make the lense more expensive.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear he found the mount, when she is put back together she'll be a fun lens for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lens is back.
some samples taken few hours ago
wideopen

F2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
lens is back.
wideopen

Though it's a bit soft wideopen, bokeh looks very smooth, I like the 1st one Smile

I wonder how the lens compares to other F1.2 of its era, like the rokkor 58mm/1.2, FL canons Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post some pictures of the lens? Thats a beautiful lens congrats.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTI wrote:
IAZA wrote:
lens is back.
wideopen

Though it's a bit soft wideopen, bokeh looks very smooth, I like the 1st one Smile

I wonder how the lens compares to other F1.2 of its era, like the rokkor 58mm/1.2, FL canons Smile

I have Nikon, Pentax and Konica 1.2.

Pentax is sharp at every aperture, sharpest from all, Konica , Nikon pretty much same acceptable sharp at 1.2 and both have better bokeh than Pentax.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bold colors, no saturation boost? I wonder if the 57/1.4 has a similar color pallet?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
RTI wrote:
IAZA wrote:
lens is back.
wideopen

I have Nikon, Pentax and Konica 1.2.

Pentax is sharp at every aperture, sharpest from all, Konica , Nikon pretty much same acceptable sharp at 1.2 and both have better bokeh than Pentax.

Thank you Attila, still Rokkor 58/1.2 remains the most attracting to my eye from all the F1.2 lenses I've seen in the 50-58mm (SLR) range Smile

Lightshow wrote:
Nice bold colors, no saturation boost? I wonder if the 57/1.4 has a similar color pallet?

Judging by samples I've seen from 57/1.4, it's quite soft wide open, lacks contrast too; and btw I doubt there was no PP applied to the samples here, not that it's bad in anyway Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Lightshow wrote:

Judging by samples I've seen from 57/1.4, it's quite soft wide open, lacks contrast too; and btw I doubt there was no PP applied to the samples here, not that it's bad in anyway

I dont remember how many time I have to explain, no PP in my pict Smile unless I mentioned. if PP include crop & resize, Yess.
Maybe It's Sony NEX vivid mode that boost the color. every NEX owner know that.
I'll give you original file if interested Wink 4,18 MB size

This is the lens Kath

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="IAZA"]
Quote:

Maybe It's Sony NEX vivid mode that boost the color. every NEX owner know that.

That tells it Smile, I've tried that feature on my nex-5 only once, since I shoot .raw mostly - boosts both contrast and saturation a lot, well it's a matter of taste, but I found the result being not really close to real colors Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never shot in Raw with NEX. Smile
here's portrait mode with this lens, no PP
In my opinion the difference isn't much, 'coz I set contrast & saturation in vivid mode lower

wait a minute.. Do you refer to leaf picture? That's not real leaf, plastic leaf and that's real color

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
to almost any camera.

Any possibility to get an adapter to mount on 5D without modifying the bayonet? This lens looks awesome but I am looking over something that can easily adapt to my camera?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTI wrote:
IAZA wrote:
lens is back.
wideopen

The Hexanon AR is a 1970's vintage lens...The Canon FLs (58mm f1.2 and later 55mm f1.2)are 1960's vintage lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imperian wrote:
Orio wrote:
to almost any camera.

Any possibility to get an adapter to mount on 5D without modifying the bayonet? This lens looks awesome but I am looking over something that can easily adapt to my camera?

Then forget the Hexanon!...It has a relatively short registration distance of just 40.7mm but Canon EF is 44mm. 3.3mm is a hell of lot of material to remove from the back of a lens to allow it to reach infinity on the EF mount and besides the design of the lens may make that an impossible task anyway. Basically, unless you use some kind of optical adapter you could never reach infinity with it on the EF mount and in practice it could only be used for macro shots only.